• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

related texts. (1 Viewer)

danielle.wilson

HSC
can someone please help me. i need another related text. i want either a cartoon or a short story. but i want something that wouldnt be too popular but is pretty easy to analyse.

please. help me. please.
im dying here.
xoxo

bassistx

HSC
Are you doing a film or a novel? Because if you're doing a film (as your prescribed text), then you can't do another film for your supplementary text. Make sense?
You need like, 4 texts. I think The Motorcycle Diaries is a great film to do. Shrugs. I can't think of any cartoons/stories off the top of my head. Sorry.

clarisse.d

HSC
You could get the sydney morning herald, sunday telegraph etc. and go to the cartoon section. They often have really witty ones that look simple but can actually be delved into pretty deeply, depending on how you analyse them.

Or you could search Michael Leunig's cartoons - they're pretty popular but are philosophical and comment on society a lot.

clarisse :D

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Highway Time by Jennifer Jenkinson is a beautiful short story, I picked it as one of my related texts.
A cartoon might be a little hard to analyse (especially if you are doing advanced english). I mean, would there be enough information to support your prescribed text?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)