Related texts?! (1 Viewer)

Hollie

How many related does every1 have? Is 2 or enough or should i prepare three?

mememe

i'm going to aim for 3 - although i only have one at the moment. i made one up in my trial, but i dont wanna risk doing that inthe hsc.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
You will only have time to write about 2, but a few backup pieces is not a bad idea (don't panic if you don't have any)

bails

Im only going to use 2 coz they havnt asked for 3 in any of the previous hsc's, & besides 2 related & 2 given is way enough as it is!

Stuwy85

Mines a bit weird, i discuss in depth Miss Smillas feeling for snow, and Blade Runner, but then only make passing reference to The work of Agatha christie and Poe and Conan-doyle. Im having problems keeping my essay down to 1 hour though, i wrote for 40 minutes and had only just finished taking about genre and my first prescribed texts so i am going to look at that now.

ilovemrchips

write about 2, prepare 3

sometimes those nightmares happen and one (or both) really don't fit the question

devi

you'll only need to write about two, so that is the bare minimum you should have... they say you should prepare more to be safe, but i cant be bothered and i dont have time...

devi

Originally posted by maple_leaf_matt
ive got 17 texts that im using for tomorrows exam, but depending on the question , i'll probably use about 10 in each response.
how can you go into any sort of detail about 10 different texts??? how do you have time for that!?!?!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You won't need to go into depth on your related texts - remember, like English, they're there to support your argument. Two or three should be sufficient.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by anti
You won't need to go into depth on your related texts - remember, like English, they're there to support your argument. Two or three should be sufficient.
what he said!!

i have 2 for crime fiction - from different era's (1 agatha christie, 1 modern forensic crime)

HSC
N/A
i dont wanna sound like im some freak, but our class at our school has been working on this 17-20 text thing all year. The detail you go into depends entirely on what your analysing, and of course what the question will be. you can use at least 10 in your response as they are of all different types, some are not (in my case) texts that are within the RT genre. Some are feature articles and essays ABOUT the genre

bails

Geez dats dedication, we got taught 3 only and they suck, i hav a q, does anyone know when "i did what i did for maria" by Toni Christi came out? im stubbed and cant find it on the net. plz help!

bails

meh? im lost =)

edit: dont worry bout me!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)