relationship between cost and quality???? (1 Viewer)

lucykay

HSC
N/A
Balance between Cost and Quality

So i have an essay for this question... How would I structure it?
And any recommended case studies??

Examine

same
HSC
Re: Balance between Cost and Quality

Basically introduce what you are going to say.
Explain what costs are, probably put a cost leadership reference in there too and how it benefits businesses. introduce the fixed and variable costs and explain how to reduce them
Explain what quality expectations are
Make a link between the two (such as when your costs are lower than they used to be the quality might degrade as well. The business needs to take into consideration the quality expectations of consumers before drastically trying to reduce their costs and assess how reducing the costs will impact the quality of their product). Depending on the question you can go to quality management and make reference to a case study on which one they use (assurance, improvement, control)
Conclude it

Link all those parts to the case study your doing. You need to find a case study to do for the hsc in the end and I'm not sure what you teacher is actually thinking not introducing one to you already. Nonetheless you can use a popular one such as Billabong or Qantas as they both have lots of information in them. With Qantas there is an actual case study book which costs $30 though it's pretty good if you want relevant dotpoint information.

jesss_987

HSC
Hey! does anyone know how to discuss the relationship between cost and quality in operations?
Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Higher quality means higher production costs whether it's due to use of better materials (e.g. the inputs to the production process have a lower defect rate), or the increased cost of quality control (e.g. having someone employed to check a sample, or every single unit which is produced prior to completion). This isn't necessarily how the syllabus describes it but a common sense approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)