Votes: 242 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

bv

HSC
on the other hand i rekon have a decent relationship during the relationship is so worth it
to have someone understand and actually give a crap about what your doing and that can relate is really nice
and if your both doing the hsc at the same time and ur both dedicated the other will understand when u need time etc

nevertheless it would suck if u break up just b4 the hsc

chuboy

HSC
Yeah, I think if I broke up with my girlfriend not seeing her would be more of a distraction to my work than it is now.

Besides, we help each other study, in small doses :p

cupcakes91

HSC
Ive been in both ends of the spectrum-being in/out of relationship during HSC year (still currently in ofcourse).

My ex of year and half went away early jan with a friend for a week and decided when he got back he wanted out.
It affacted my schoolwork/personal life. Then again being in that relationship had the same affect-we would always be going through shit so yea.

Anyways to the point, after 5/6 months I met someone else who im with and who is amazing and a positive influence on my schoolwork (hes older) and makes sure not to interfer with my study (more like LACK OF IT) and is really supportive.

So really does depend on the person your with and the relationship.

If they are a positive influence-id proberly advise stay until after HSC and maybe things will be seen in better light-or you can just break it off then (save the in-HSC drama)

If they are negative on your studies and personal life and you really cant wait then maybe you should leave.

Maybe best you wait it out for both your sakes-but if it affects you so much then you should put yourself first and do what feels right.

God i sound like such a mater.
Im not.
Just been there and done/doing that. Thought id put my opinion in and hopefully help :)

x x

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
was chatting to the boyfriend the other day and he as like, look, i'm basically not going to break up with you from now until the hsc unless something drastic happens, because i know it will affect school so quit worrying about it.

i think breaking up for the hsc is just stupid. it's good to have someone there for you, esp when you're stressed. besides, we do basically the same subjects so it's good to have someone to bounce ideas off etc.

jono888

HSC
i dont really feel relationships during the hsc are a problem as im gay and like to suck huge penis

bisexaulskooliz

HSC
N/A
look iur never going to have more stresseas in you're life then when ur sitting hsc and delaing with relationships with all that going on is going to be rough and it acna be the end of a lot of beautiful thingsb ut u can't cry becuasei t's over smile bc it happened and ifi it is true love maby it will work otu becuase if you love sumthin set it freei f it comes back it's yours and if it doens't then go root loadso f guys at schoolies

ne1 going to byron???

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
hmmmmm well ive had a girlfriend for the majority of this HSC year....and tbh it hasnt affected my marks or study habits at all

we broke up right before my trials (NOT because of study or anything like that...i had my reasons!) and the break up did not at all affect my trial results,,,,my results were of the quality i had hoped for

so basically as long as you hav enuf mental strength to actually concentrate SOLELY and COMPLETELY on study when you have to....havin a relationship/break up during the HSC is no problem at all xD

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know how much will pan out during my HSC but I think I will have time for a partnet during the 12th Year.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You guys saying you would break up for the HSC are fucked, i don't know how i would have made it through certain parts of year 12 without my boyfriend, if anything i did better because he was around.

peachlives

HSC
i set out this year to go solo to focus

i ended up with 2 different boyfriends by the end, neither have been very distracting

they are no more distracting than facebook, msn or your friends.
if you have to block facebook to concentrate, then dump the partner or go on a break
if you can have msn/facebook on and still work fine, then dont worry about it

its all about how well you can handle distraction and focus

evil_kitten

HSC
I was infact quite retarded enough to start a long-distance relationship in April.
Not the best idea, but I couldn't let myself say no. Tbh I think the distance and the fact we were friends first made us able to stay at that not-so-seriously committed stage.
My friend who was going out with a guy in the year above us managed to stay with him, except they broke up 2 days after her last exam =\
But from her amazing marks all year, I would say it's very possible to stay in a relationship while doing the hsc, as long as the other person values the importance of the fact you have made a concious decision to stay in school and complete the hsc and they don't expect you to drop it all for them.

mongoosemaniac

HSC
Relationships don't necessarily have to have a negative impact on studying - sometimes couples can help each other understand different concepts in various subjects.

Also, emotional stability is important in approaching the hsc. I guess, while parents and the like, always tell us to just forget about these things until after the HSC is over, it's not really that simple. I guess they've forgotten what it's like being our age...

If a couple spilts due to the HSC, it's more likely that they'll both concentrate less on their work in any case; and it's important not to burn yourself out during studying too, right? We need breaks; need to relax at times.

I guess the best thing to do would be to stop seeing each other as much when examination periods approach, and really focus on your work then, but when they're over, spend a little more time together..

HSC
Uni Grad
If you break up for HSC it's cos you really don't give a fuck about that person and you are using it as a poor excuse to get away from them. +1 to the above post by mongoose as well.

Gold Lion

HSC
I didn't want a relationship during HSC only because I knew it wouldn't work due to hardly being let out and therefore hardly being able to see the person. I lost a lot of friends due to this

But if I was already in a relationship - I wouldn't break up with someone just because of the HSC. That's pretty dumb IMO and pretty much what pheonix says - just an excuse.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
breaking up because of the HSC is a very poor reason to break up with someone imo. you obviously dont really like them that much if you choose to do this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)