Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Midgetphoenix said:
I don't understand why you would break up with someone just because of the HSC - Can someone fill me in?

I mean, you're stressed out anyway because of the workload, and your parents nagging, and your teachers nagging, and your best friend telling you that now she's into 10 hours studying a day ... you need someone to talk to and keep you going - if you already have that someone why would you let it go?

I'd just started a relationship, like, a week or two before exams - it doesn't effect my study at all... I don't understand it at all...
I understand why some people freak out about it. It's mainly those who are just starting a relationship. When you've been going out for awhile, you get used to it and know how to divide your time during exams.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
If you're in a good enough relationship you will be strong enough to support each other and make certain short term sacrifices for your long term well being. If you have to break up whenever you hit hardship - you're not in a real relationship!

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Re: sex and relationships during the hsc. yay! or no way?

yay yay yay
if your strong minded, then it shouldnt be an issue to juggle a boyfriend/sex + studying :D
lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: sex and relationships during the hsc. yay! or no way?

Pe0ple wh0 replace 0h with zer0 make me want t0 stab myself in the eye.

nono

HSC
N/A
Re: Is the HSC straining your Relationship?

abBi17 said:
I'm thinking about breaking it off w/ my bf or at least putting things on hold until Hsc is over. I'm just finding that my priorities are towards getting the best results and my bf is distracting my studies (since he's older) and I'm finding it difficult in squeezing him into everything that going on.

I've confronted him about the issue but he's annoyingly persistant in wanting late night phone calls (time better spent studying) and wanting to go out. I like the guy but I'm worried that he wouldn't want to wait for me when HSC is complete.

I'm just wondering has anyone's relationship survived the long HSC period? (and I mean no late night phone calls or seeing their partner until exams were over. I truely believe this is the only way to fully focus on getting the best results.)
My bf and I talked every night of the HSC exam period and saw each other more than twice a week at LEAST.

We both kicked arse in the end, him getting above 94 and me above 97.

So, it doesnt really answer your question, but still talking to your better half can get you the best results too. :)

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hey, there can be competition and "positive" rivalry between the couple so that their grades would actually improve...Just don't swooooooon over them during your study time...besides, every relationship needs all those troubles in order to be stronger yeah...

sabdow

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Yes and no.

For me it was extremely helpful knowing I didn't have "the woman" at me when what I need to do is study.

Conversely, having a girlfriend in year 12 whilst I was in first year uni helped give her focus, and something to aim for (breaking my UAI) which she accomplished [the bitch], and apparently I was someone she could turn to when she felt lost.
Wow that is fucking nerdish and I seriously feel sorry for you.

bokkii

HSC
do u think a relationship will interfere with you hsc?

well theres this girl i really like we both talk alot n stuff, im pretty sure she likes me aswell (not to sound cocky) but she tells me shes realli into studying, now im yr12 shes yr11, so im kinda confused wat to do, if we start going out she it mite interfere with my hsc and hers nxt year. but i dont wna let go either... wat would u guys do? comments?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Re: do u think a relationship will interfere with you hsc?

i think my relationship probably interfered with my HSC. but i got the UAI that i needed and i enrolled in my first pref uni course so i dont really care. even if my uai was 2 or 3 points less than what i could do if i had tried a bit harder, it was worth it.
its like saying you wont go to parties or go out and get pissed during year 12. for two extra uai points, its not worth cutting off the fun.

Spunge12

HSC

You know, all women are against your success in life.
Kill the bitch.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

Relationships during the HSC have both postive and negative effects.
As long as the positive outweighs the negative, your sweet.

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC

I started a relationship around this time last year when both my bf and I were doing our HSC. It won't interrupt your studies if you don't let it. Just learn how to manage your time and exercise a little self control. If, however, you're not so good at the self discipline, don't go for it. My bf got higher than his target UAI so we were all very pleased about that. I did alright, but I wasn't too great at self discipline.

Either way, the girl you like knows herself better than you do, so perhaps just let her know how you feel and try to work out an agreement between the two of you. Also, reassure her witht he fact that she still has a year where she's allowed to screw up whereas you don't.

If your relationship survives the HSC, congratulations; it's a huge milestone and it means that you've really got a good thing going on.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC

bokkii said:
well theres this girl i really like we both talk alot n stuff, im pretty sure she likes me aswell (not to sound cocky) but she tells me shes realli into studying, now im yr12 shes yr11, so im kinda confused wat to do, if we start going out she it mite interfere with my hsc and hers nxt year. but i dont wna let go either... wat would u guys do? comments?
Uh, personal life > HSC. What are you, like retarded or something? The HSC is hardly a big deal, you shouldn't need to sacrifice your own happiness, time an enjoyment of life to get 90+.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC

minushuman said:
Uh, personal life > HSC. What are you, like retarded or something? The HSC is hardly a big deal, you shouldn't need to sacrifice your own happiness, time an enjoyment of life to get 90+.
you can get 90+ without giving out your happiness and time and enjoyment. honestly. if you pick good subjects, its easy.
go out and have fun, you're still young.

mart

HSC

bernz said:
I started a relationship around this time last year when both my bf and I were doing our HSC. It won't interrupt your studies if you don't let it. Just learn how to manage your time and exercise a little self control. If, however, you're not so good at the self discipline, don't go for it. My bf got higher than his target UAI so we were all very pleased about that. I did alright, but I wasn't too great at self discipline.

Either way, the girl you like knows herself better than you do, so perhaps just let her know how you feel and try to work out an agreement between the two of you. Also, reassure her witht he fact that she still has a year where she's allowed to screw up whereas you don't.

If your relationship survives the HSC, congratulations; it's a huge milestone and it means that you've really got a good thing going on.

heaps true hey. spot on. me and my girlfriend met ages ago, she lives in brisbane and is doing first year uni now, whilst im doing the hsc here in wollongong. it's heaps heaps far... and weve only been together for a short while, but its def worth it. hsc is tough enough, and i guess if u think ur relationship is gonna hold up and if having them there would help, then do it. but if it's gonna be a strain on ur schoolwork, and ur schoolwork a strain on ur rleationship, then opt for school over girls/boys.
also, everyone acts as though u have to be focused totally on school, bs, honestly. i visit my girlfriend every few weeks, i flew to hers a few weekends ago, and just chilled at hers. i got back and had a lot to catch up on, but it made it a lot more bareable. they say u should balance ur time....

bokkii

HSC

thanks for input guys, :)i asked her out n everythings good ^^

santaslayer

HSC

If women are going to have a detrimental effect on your UAI then they will most likely be deadly on your career. So wtf? are u neva going to start a relationship?

HSC

imo if anything a relationship can do during your hsc is make or break you, it can either work you up, boost your confidence, you feel better having someone so close too talk to. or if she screws around with you (likely) totally demolish your self esteem, emotions overtake your logic (not a good idea when studying)

unless you got balls made of steal (sean van steel) i wouldnt recommend it

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC

I've been going out with my boyfriend since the beginning of year 11, and I turned out fine. As long as you have your priorities sorted, your relationship would aid you instead of distract you. Abstaining from the opposite sex is unhealthy!

Me and my friend were talking about this the other day. Surprisingly, out of our friends, the ones who were single didn't do as well as the ones who were in relationships during the HSC or year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)