Votes: 1,279 66.7%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.8%

• Total voters

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
(just saying) but if u dont get the ATAR then you can do an internal transfer

all a high ATAR does is it makes your life easier in getting into your desired degree
Scholarships
Satisfaction
Not wasting parent's money (private school/tutoring) and making them proud
Fulfilling goals

The main one is scholarships which can get you money or extra benefits

Also internal transfer wastes more years of your life which you could spend earning money. Why waste 1 year of studying for HSC then just waste 1+ years later on studying for uni and still running the risk of not having a high enough GPA when you can just work hard for 1 year?

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Scholarships
Satisfaction
Not wasting parent's money (private school/tutoring) and making them proud
Fulfilling goals

Also internal transfer wastes more years of your life which you could spend earning money. Why waste 1 year of studying for HSC then just waste 1+ years later on studying for uni and still running the risk of not having a high enough GPA when you can just work hard for 1 year?
yis gotta get that (money) scholarshipppppp

In all seriousness, because of the atar of the course I'd like to get into (99 for psychology at unsw) I probably will have to do an internal transfer (if i don't get 96 for usyd) but even then I'd still like a high atar bc i want dux

like i really want dux

i will fight someone for dux

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
lol just do teaching and get a $20k scholarship

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
]

Good point though (which I wasn't totally aware of). Scholarships mean virtually paying no money back to uni

I would actually argue against the fact that internal transfer wastes more years of your life. There's summer school (to accelerate/catch up/etc) and overloading (can only be done in second yr) to actually "catch up on wasted time". There are also people transferring uni courses here and there and I do not think they are necessarily wasting years of their life

natnat1995

HSC
Depends if you are really keen on who your with or not. I would never say break up with someone just because you're doing the HSC...HSC isn't life! But if you're thinking relationship is going to end I'd address it before HSC so you don't have to deal with it during

elseeto

HSC
If you like who you're with stay with them! Why would you break up over the HSC. You can do the HSC and have a relationship. That's like saying should I break up because I have a job

savvy97

HSC
Would never break up with someone just over doing exams. You have a whole life of doing work, does that mean you're single whenever you're doing something career related?

MJRey

HSC
Don't even have a relationship during the HSC. Wait till uni, that's when the real fun begins...

MJRey

HSC
I felt like it. Plus, I thought it was worth it to give future HSC students the advice they need to do well.

hscgirl

HSC
Don't even have a relationship during the HSC. Wait till uni, that's when the real fun begins...
i actually agree

don't get urself into a relationship during the hsc ppl
ur basically letting urself fuck up 13 years of education for a relationship which won't even last - the hsc has a time limit

^these r my words of wisdom 😇

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)