relationships in the HSC year (1 Viewer)

is it worth having a relationship in HSC year?

• Total voters

sophy2008

HSC
people keep telling me it's a bad idea but i love him and it would break his heart if i left him just to finish school...

what does everyone else rekon?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Unequivocal yes. If you can't juggle the HSC and a relationship you're gonna have real fun with uni and the workplace.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
this is very true. get your priorities right, especially when you are studying and working a part time job, don't let your job get in the way of your studies, i've made this mistake and i tend to struggle. so studying should always come first. it will benefit you in the long run.

sophy2008

HSC
withoutaface said:
Unequivocal yes. If you can't juggle the HSC and a relationship you're gonna have real fun with uni and the workplace.
it's not that i can't do it - i'm coping pretty well so far - it's just a few people think it's a bad idea. *shrugs*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sophy2008 said:
it's not that i can't do it - i'm coping pretty well so far - it's just a few people think it's a bad idea. *shrugs*
Those are probably the same people who think the HSC is the end of the world. Just ignore them and make sure you're keeping abreast of your studies and you'll be fine.

sophy2008

HSC
okay sweet, thanks :)
and by the by, my job isn't just like a part-time job it's me forming the career path i want to follow so it's pretty important to me :)

xJennax

HSC
Depends whether you are able to handle it.

My boyfriend is in the same year as me and we've been going out for a year and half and I deal fine with him and the HSC.

However, I know others who get really distracted having a relationship and trying to juggle school. If you are the sort of person who can handle it then don't break it off. :p

Jess007

HSC
ive been with my bf for a year and 5 months... hes 19 and at tafe, plus is job... im 17 and full time school plus casual work...

i get on fine.. i see him tuesday and thursday nights. and friday/sat/sun till 6:30 then i have to be home

ive been getting relativly good marks in every subject so my parents dont see him as a distraction. it depends on if u he distracts you THAT much that you cant concentrate.
hopefully thats not the case.

i think you'll be fine, dont end it if ur going to break his heart and yours...

jirwin

HSC
i had a boyfriend during the actually HSC. we got together beginning of october. while some could say he 'distracted' me from study i dont really think he did - as before we were together we talked heaps on msn which is what we did during the hsc itself - met up after each exam so he didnt really take any up any 'study' time.

we spent a lot of time together over the summer. when i started uni he never distracted me. we saw each other at least twice a week when possible.

dont let people stop u being in a relationship just because of the hsc. u have to learn to juggle things anyway. just prioritise and u can make it work. be honest with each other and also be supportive. the support my bf gave me through the hsc and now with my decision to drop out of my uni course was amazing and helped alot.

good luck

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
who needs a relationship, were to young.

Just go to a party once a week and hook in.

summerroxxxx

HSC
depends if wat uai ure aiming wat and if hes aiming for like u or lower. tries to put u off.

sophy2008

HSC
he's not in school anymore, and i don't really mind what UAI I get because I don't want to go to tertiary education anyways, i'd rather keep doing my job which i love love love. So I guess it depends. My parents think he's a bit of a distraction, but i only ever see him when he comes and visits me at lunch time and on the weekends, not after school or anything. So i think it's okay. Just wanted some other opinions :)

Thanks everyone =D

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
sophy2008 said:
he's not in school anymore, and i don't really mind what UAI I get because I don't want to go to tertiary education anyways, i'd rather keep doing my job which i love love love. So I guess it depends. My parents think he's a bit of a distraction, but i only ever see him when he comes and visits me at lunch time and on the weekends, not after school or anything. So i think it's okay. Just wanted some other opinions :)

Thanks everyone =D
Fair enough, in your situation the a BF is fine.

PS: You really should quit smoking.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I started a new relationship when I first started year 12.

1. Awarded scholarship upon entering Sydney Uni
2. Now in my Honours year, hoping for a scholarship for Masters
3. Still with him almost 5 years later
4. Living with him

Just don't be an idiot teenager who revolves around their new partner. Just get your shit sorted.

Last edited:

Zrap

glock9
HSC
If you have a fight around exams, or you break up before
the Exams at the end of the year, then you will realise it
was a bad idea.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do you have an involuntary reflex in your right pinky or do you keep hitting that enter key at inappropriate times on purpose?

Evilo

HSC
xJennax said:
Depends whether you are able to handle it.

My boyfriend is in the same year as me and we've been going out for a year and half and I deal fine with him and the HSC.

However, I know others who get really distracted having a relationship and trying to juggle school. If you are the sort of person who can handle it then don't break it off. :p
+1

I wouldnt start up a relationship with some crazy psyco bitch who is likely to drop the 'break-up' bomb on you just before hsc. (happened to 3 mates of mine). Otherwise if you find a good chick - go for it.

unholyXromance

HSC
It's depends who your with. If your going to be with someone who demands a lot of attention, then you're not going to have enough time for your school. Get your shirt sorted and you will be fine.

tiffywiggles

HSC
i really dont no hey i have this friend and she is like obsessed with her boyfriend she says she goes to his house to study but who knows what they get up to like seriously.just dont get into it to deep hey like its ur HSC MAN its ur only chance in life. however there are postives that a relationship can bring into ur life so keep that in mind? would u really throw the love of ur life away for the HSC i wouldnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)