Relationships in Uni? (1 Viewer)

wanzer123

HSC
N/A
Hey, ive been hearing my gf complaining that we wont last wen we are in Uni. Shes been complaining since ages. Just want to prove to her its bullshit (at least for some ppl)

Trying to get a survey so (dont have to answer all of it):
Any of you guys made it or reckon youll make it?
Know any people that have made it?
How long?
First names!? ( if not make it up i dun care =) )
Thanks!

pete_mate

HSC
if she's going to college then forget about it, it's all over.

but if she's just doing a degree that isn't science, then your only at uni like 15hrs a week so, what's the big deal?

could just be a bs excuse tho

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
are you both going to uni at the same time, or is she older than you? My friend's boyfriend is in his first year at uni and they're going fine.

wanzer123

HSC
N/A
nop we havent got into uni we still in high school.. she just got friends in uni and they all broke up apparently? well be in uni next year

Wu Hou

HSC
If she thinks you wont last and goes on and on about it, do you think she's serious about your relationship?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Why would it not last? Do you need to see each other every day at school or something for it to work?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
i know a couple who've been together since year 10, they're now in 4th year uni!

wanzer123

HSC
N/A
yeah... trust me she is serious... but shes gullible... hears too much things n shes worryin alot.. shes a great gf tho

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Is this one of those PIP surveys poorly disguised?

wanzer123

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
Why would it not last? Do you need to see each other every day at school or something for it to work?
nah, guess she thinks that its a new place where "i" meet new people.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
hahaha you fucking cat.

Instead of realising your girlfriend is bored and is trying to give you a big fucking hint (and probably fucking some guy hotter than you),
you come to the internet and ask people to do a survey about it.

fuck, do you want to make her a powerpoint presentation about it?
Use venn diagrams especially, those are way cool

^____^

T

Testpilot

Uni is anywhere between 10-30 hours a week (for full time). If this small amount of time is going to be troublesome for your relationship then there is other issues. Most people have relationships throughout uni, in fact it would be unusual for somebody to not have a relationship during the course of uni.

I honestly hate people like this. I can't have a relationship because of the HSC. I can't have a relationship due to Uni. The thing is HSC/uni/part time jobs have nothing on the pressures (e.g. time wise) of conventional career. If you can't cope with a relationship now get used to being a hermit.

ellen.louise

HSC
Tell your girlfriend you love her and she has nothing to worry about: seriously, the only thing I can think of that would be likely to tear apart a couple just because they went to uni is if you go to different universities in different cities. And even that could work out eventually.

T

Testpilot

ellen.louise said:
seriously, the only thing I can think of that would be likely to tear apart a couple just because they went to uni is if you go to different universities in different cities. And even that could work out eventually.
You are forgetting that most people on L+R are idiots who entertain us with schadenfreude over their inability to think. Obviously going to uni instantly means that all relationships/friendships cease.

EDIT:I'm aware of the irony.

CieL

HSC
It won't work if your gf maintains this negative mentality.

When I was making the transition between HS and uni, I didnt even think about shit like this.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
As long as you guys make time for eachother, understand the differences in schedules and work around them and have a strong mature relationship then it shouldn't be a problem.

I met my b/f at uni and I worried when I changed uni's that the relationship would fall apart but its all about managing time, understanding the time contraints you both have and working around them. As long as there is a good relationship there then you should be fine, the ones that fall apart when people go to uni etc are often those 'convienience'/routine relationships i.e. the people who stay together because they are so used to being together even though there is no real relationship, or those who fail to acknowledge that the other has more time constraints/ responsibilities.

miss-smexy

HSC
wanzer123 said:
Hey, ive been hearing my gf complaining that we wont last wen we are in Uni. Shes been complaining since ages. Just want to prove to her its bullshit (at least for some ppl)

Trying to get a survey so (dont have to answer all of it):
Any of you guys made it or reckon youll make it?
Know any people that have made it?
How long?
First names!? ( if not make it up i dun care =) )
Thanks!
lol omg no way Wanzer. I think you two will last. You guys have been going out for like since... forever! and you two seem pretty steady.

Are you guys going to go to the same uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)