Relationships (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Emotional and physical, though neither of us are taking it terribly seriously.

Me+you=happy

HSC
nah physical wont last long.. usually till u get bored
emotional + physical together can make the relationship last a life time =p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
long relationships won't last if you don't have emotion, i mean, you want to make somethin last just for sex? that's just dumb. that's just being sex buddies, not a relationship i luv u, i luve u 2 thing...a relationship that is serious, should be one that you consider being with the person forever, imo ofcourse.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
iambored said:
So you think longer relationships are more physical?
not all, but know of many mates who've been in longer (2+ years) relationships, and in the end all you end up doing is fucking everytime you see your partner. the long-term relationships that turn purely physical are probably more characteristic of younger (teens) relationships

3 stages of jewish love:
1) i love you the way i love chicken
2) i love you because you love me
4) i love you because i love you

they're funny but true when you think about them.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
to me,
1) puppy love/lust - you love them caus they're yummy, because they look/taste/smell good

2) they say "i love you", you say it back, no matter what you think/feel..kind of obligation, but you dont always think of it that way when you're there

3) 'i love you because - i love you'. you love them because you do! you start loving them for only a few reasons: because they appeal to you; because they're everything you want; because they give you something that money cant buy and others cant give; they're not your partner, your bitch or your handbag, they're your boy or girl, someone who's very very special to you and you want them for as long as you can have them because you feel so right together. basically when you add all the stuff about you, them, your feelings for them, etc up, you know you love them - you dont need to justify why you love them, you just know in your heart that you do and that they love you back.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
my first impressions:
1. immature, superficial, it's just chicken - there is nothing deep about loving that, lust/crush
2. person likes you so you become more attracted to them, they treat you well, you like that they like you so you like them back
3. you love them because you love everything about them, you think they are great, they become family and you love them because they are them despite flaws

darkroomgirl

HSC
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 1 and a half years and we're still going strong :) Mostly, we're connected at an emotional level... the physical level, not quite so, cos as a dedicated Christian I believe in saving myself for marriage. That's something a lot of people probably wouldn't understand (PM me if you have any serious concerns about that, btw, and I'll explain), but it's something I've taken a real stance on. Of course, we're both only humans and it's hard sometimes not to just go for it... but at the end of the day, we really just have to remember why we're doing things this way. Luckily, my boyfriend and I are quite similar in that respect so that makes things A LOT easier.. hehehe.

I guess some of the difficulties in our relationship is that we are two very different people... opposites really do attract, I guess. While we have the same beliefs, morals, values, etc., personality-wise we are just binaries. I'm loud and extroverted while he's quiet and reserved. Sometimes we just totally miss each other's point and start arguing because of one stupid misunderstanding. We're working on that... and lately, our communication's been a lot better. I think that's really important in a relationship - that you're communicative and honest with the other person. That's what trust - and yes, love - is eventually built upon.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Lainee said:
Shhhuussh or the chicken will hear! ;)

I'm revising the stages:
1. I love you like chocolate cake (because everyone knows chocolate cake stops being yummy after the first few slices, whereas chicken - I can eat everyday in various recipe incanations)
2. I love you because you're perfect
3. I love your imperfections
I like it .

TalkinTaShadows

HSC
Im in a relationship goin on ta 6 months now.
Physical - no complaints and she is very attractive ta me
emotional - im happy when around her, at times I laugh, at times I cry... that’s why I love her.
Distance - 10 min drive.

I have my problems and concerns with the relationship, what relationship doesn’t

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Me+you=happy said:
I don't think there is a thread on this, but what kinda relationship do you have with your current partner? when i say "relationship" i mean to say is it physical, emotional, distance and etc

but the thing i want to know most is the relationship's flaws.. like what u dont like about the relationship and how you want it to be.

because some people have troubles in relationships that they cant find answers for, maybe due to in-experience or something.

So i thought i'd just start this thread so people could learn from other peoples experience.

anywayz, thanks
I've only been with my current boyfriend for almost 3 months... We first had an emotional relationship... then it progressed to an emotional and physical one. I particularly really enjoy the physical part :D (who wouldn't?), but the emotional side is also very important, as I don't think the relationship would last without it. We feel completely comfortable with each other that we share secrets, personal issues and even our kinky sexual fantasies.
There are no dramatic flaws in the relationship so far (its still honeymoon period), we treat each other with respect, compassion, trust, etc... well I do get annoyed by him being way more sensitive then I am. For example, he'll go all moody on me for a bit when he takes a joke or remark the wrong way. How do you deal with that? I'm the girl here! I usually just laugh it off if there is a miscommunication. I think I wear the pants in the relationship most of the time actually. :p

Happy new years everyone btw, hope u didn't get too smashed ;)

HSC
Been together for nearly 14 months now (haha its funny how in the first year people make big deals out of the say 7th month anniversary but not so much of a big deal over 14 months etc)

At first it was emotional, then emotional and physical. LOL definately NO complaints about physical, but in the beginning it wasnt always like that.

The only real problem at the moment is that his mum gets pis.sed off at him because he doesnt spend as much time with her anymore (he only lives with his mum).

We have fights (of course) but not very often and we always work it out.

The only 2 big fights that we have had were when we were started going out, maybe a month into or so, I found out he was smoking when he told me he had given it up. (yeah I know its only smoking but I absolutely HATE it and would never go out with a guy who smoked all the time).

The other one was when he went over to a mates house and then at like 2 am in the morning I get a message from him saying "come out the front, I am at your house" but I was asleep and didnt get it til the morning. He had been drinking and had drove over to my house, but he had told me he had gotten a lift off his mates brother.

So the only 2 major fights (ha not even that major) were because he had lied to me.

We spend every afternoon together and our days off work, its about a 15-20 minute drive to his house.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)