Relaxation Techniques and Performance (1 Viewer)

aurora_05

HSC
Hey just wondering if anyone has any notes on how the relaxation techniques (mental rehearsal, visualisation, concentration etc.) affect performance?
Thanks...

Kutay

University
HSC
look on the resource page.... in summaries.... also it would be in your text book

aurora_05

HSC
All the summaries on the resources page are really generalised - they tell what the relaxation techniques are but not necessarily how they can affect performance. The textbook I'm using (Outcomes 2) has a little bit of information on their effect, I was just looking for something in a little more detail... :)

jessied

HSC
relaxation techniques control anxiety levels (athletes want to have optimum arousal levels). they (relaxation techniques) only work if arousal/anxiety levels are too high, they will have a detrimental/negative affect on performance levels if the athlete is under aroused... for example if a gymnast is over aroused and has a high level of anxiety before a vault routine then he/she might use visualisation or mental rehersal to mentally picture a successful perfromance/outcome or part of the routine (landing, run up etc) to allow the athlete to have an optimal arousal level... thats just off the top of my head, hope it helps, if i doesnt or you need more info just ask.

shahizzle

HSC
jessied said:
relaxation techniques control anxiety levels (athletes want to have optimum arousal levels). they (relaxation techniques) only work if arousal/anxiety levels are too high, they will have a detrimental/negative affect on performance levels if the athlete is under aroused... for example if a gymnast is over aroused and has a high level of anxiety before a vault routine then he/she might use visualisation or mental rehersal to mentally picture a successful perfromance/outcome or part of the routine (landing, run up etc) to allow the athlete to have an optimal arousal level... thats just off the top of my head, hope it helps, if i doesnt or you need more info just ask.

Damn ... ur really good

questions like this during a PE exam always kill me!!

i know all about this stuff but puttin them all together like u did , no way LOL

jessied

HSC
haha thanks, im quite flattered....

keep doing past papers and and hsc style questions and you'll get there

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)