• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Relaxed Hair (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Anyone had their hair "Relaxed"

is it any diferent to chemical strightening?

Does it wreck your hair?

Were you happy with it?

Basically I've decided I must get SOMETHING done, hair cuts no longer suffice.

My hair is a total shit lately, its curly but for the lat few months its been frizzy as fuck. I want it to still be curly, as it suits me, but none of this insane gravity defying shit. Plus I want a fringe and my hair at the moment will NOT allow that.

... damn you people with tame shiny effortless manes of hair, how i hate you.

So yeah, reviews, advice, etc.

Skeeta

HSC
My mum gets her hair relaxed. I have had it done once.

Its similar to chemical straightening, but i think it uses less harsh chemicals, and also has less of an effect. I had an incredibly frizzy wavy mane, after the "relaxing" it was less frizzy, flatter and sat better.

It does damage your hair to some affect though, its probably not best to do it, if you bleach your hair or constantly dye it. A treatment here and there definitely wont go astray though.

HSC
yeah, my hair is pretty relaxed. i'm usually like oh hey hair, how's it going? and its like yeah not much katie, just chillin', watching some tv yo.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
yeah, my hair is pretty relaxed. i'm usually like oh hey hair, how's it going? and its like yeah not much katie, just chillin', watching some tv yo.
nah, it's more like "dude, katie, get off your lazy cunt and set the tv up so i can actually watch some, yo."

KirrynAlane

HSC
I dont know about 'relaxing' hair, but i love my GHD. it certainly relaxes my frizzy, messed up hair. it is GOD.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if its already kinda curly and she's happy with that, then why would she bother getting a perm?

and to the thread poster,
go to your hairdresser and ask what they think about either cutting it to minimise the frizz or doing treatments of sorts (not necessarily anything too harsh, as that could make the frizz worse)...if they're any good, they'll know what'd be best for your hair

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Try first getting an in salon treatment, Toni+Guy have an awesome one, and also a good haircut, that can minimise frizz/make your hair behave.

<3 Matt and Katie.
Oh you two :eek:

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Have tried in salon treatments.

And at the moment I have a total phobia of hair dressers. Same thing happened 2 consecutive times at 2 different hair dressers.

Me: Ok. This is what I want (blah blah blah) but for the love of god DON'T use thinning scissors. (previously bad experience). But yeah, you know what's best for my hair, modify and make appropriate.

The hair dressor wench started using thinning scissors. I tuned back in. FLIPPED out, she then justified it by saying "Look, I know what's best for your hair. Trust me."

The next day I was in such a rage I went back, not much they could do to fix it but I got 3 free wash/treatment/blow dry sessions.

Anyway, went to another one, said NO thinning scissors. She went against my will claiming "There is no other way!!"

What the fuck, can NO ONE manage thick curly hair anymore!!!
Those two bitches wrecked my hair something severe, as if be a hair dresser if you can't layer hair properly and have to resort to cutting out random chunks.

I complained. she insisted it looked fine. I said I didn't care that wasn't what i wanted. she insistd no damage was done. I paid. She was the owner. I'm never going back.

*sigh*

and both haircuts were at very reputable salons and cost waaaayyy too much.

end rant.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ok. Here's what you do:
Go see Lauren at Toni+Guy Bondi Jct. Trust her, she'll make you look good. She is one of the major things I miss about moving out of Sydney.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)