Religion and the media (1 Viewer)

frida

Has anyone have any sugestions or websites or ideas, on the effects of the Australias media towards the muslim, after september 11.

thanks!!

santaslayer

HSC
smh articles at that time were quite crazy with their reports of the after effects...u can always look at the archives for this info

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Yo could also contact some of the Islamic media outlets and get their POV as well.
The Islamic Council of NSW can be found here (www.icnsw.org.au). They are pretty good at getting back to students. Try your local / school library (maybe they kept a clippings archive or some libraries actually get clippings folders prepapred for them in themes- ours does) as per the suggestion above as the SMH website charges for back issues (I think).

If you find any sites, post them here or in the media thread so that others can use them!!

frida

hay Santa you mentioned something about "u can always look at the archives for this info"

where would i find this on the site?....

Its quite hard to search for the "Australian" media, because most of the articles are based on the US.

Hottieflossy

i basically did the same topic as you, except i wouldnt just focus on september 11...think closer to home, like the sydney gang rapes a while back...and then you'll find more stuff on the media and Islam in australia

frida

hay Hottieflossy you made a good sense.....but atm my ISP question is "How does the meida misinterpret the view of the Muslim community after the incident of the September 11 terrorist attack?"

How should you think i should change it, so that it is a genral question. Cause im basing my question relating to the "Media"......what do you reckon?

Hottieflossy

you can still change your topic question, can't you? maybe you should focus on to what extent has/is the Islamic tradition portrayed in a negative light... and i recommend you focus on either print media or electronic media. this way the question is general and you can choose to write about the after math of september 11 as well as the gang rapes and Bali. i hope that helps.

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by frida
hay Santa you mentioned something about "u can always look at the archives for this info"

where would i find this on the site?....

Its quite hard to search for the "Australian" media, because most of the articles are based on the US.

at my skool we had archives of smh and daily telegraph articles all put on a cd where we could easily access them...ur skool library should have'm, if not go to state library

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
you could also try a google.com.au (stress on the .au) and specify an australian serach only.
webwombat also allows a media search that is aus. only.
Try your library as both I and SS suggested............its always a good place to start!!
LOL

frida

Yeah, i went to my school library today during study period, and i managed to grab hold of some info of the Muslims community. But did you know that the "gang rape" incident is a bad example for me to use in my ISP, because the (muslim) guys purposely raped the girl because she was an Australian, and because she was not their race.....so thats a tough one! =)

well besides that, i think im just basing my ISP question to "How does the Australian media, misinterpret the Muslim community"....

what do you think about it?? Should i make my ISP question longer?? Any suggestions, if so please comment? thanks!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
or you could switch it around to " how is (or how has the Muslim community portrayed in the Australian media?"

or if you want to use the Sept. 11 angle, try "How has the Muslim community been portrayed since Sept 11?" or a question along the lines of "differences in portrayal before and after 9/11" as you can argue there have been massive changes or there hasnt really been any changes if you actually research it from a particular angle.

Again, try the Islamic Council of NSW- get it from the horses mouth so to speak!

Hope this helps
SH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)