• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religios Plurality and Religious Adherence... (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Okay, I need help with a couple of questions. I don't have the Macquarie Book and our class doesn't have textbooks so could people be able to post any possible answers, or links to where I may find answers please? I can't make the answers up for these, so i don't know what to do...
  • effects of denominational switching in Aust.
  • the impact of the formation of the Uniting Church on religious diversity in Aust.
  • reasons for the increased diversity of religious adherence in Aust. since 1973 (assuming there is some policy around that time...)
Anywhos, I think the questions are from the macquarie quide, but we haven't really done anything on this in class and I can't find answers on the net. Please help.... thankyou

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
*Ninny-mole* said:
Okay, I need help with a couple of questions. I don't have the Macquarie Book and our class doesn't have textbooks so could people be able to post any possible answers, or links to where I may find answers please? I can't make the answers up for these, so i don't know what to do...
  • effects of denominational switching in Aust.
  • the impact of the formation of the Uniting Church on religious diversity in Aust.
  • reasons for the increased diversity of religious adherence in Aust. since 1973 (assuming there is some policy around that time...)
Anywhos, I think the questions are from the macquarie quide, but we haven't really done anything on this in class and I can't find answers on the net. Please help.... thankyou
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=27

look here

still have problems, post back in this thread

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Hey, well I've pretty much read through the majority of the resources and I can't find anything relevant. I also cannot find a thing on the internet. It doesn't help that we only talked about it for 10 minutes in class either. This is the first time our class has even seen questions like that and I really need help...Please...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
*Ninny-mole* said:
Hey, well I've pretty much read through the majority of the resources and I can't find anything relevant. I also cannot find a thing on the internet. It doesn't help that we only talked about it for 10 minutes in class either. This is the first time our class has even seen questions like that and I really need help...Please...
OK...there are notes there that will help as I used them in class a couple of weeks ago but;

effects of denom. switching- realistically, no effect re numbers as switching from one church to another balances out across the board. Exception to the rule is switching to evangelical churches like Hillsong as their numbers are increasing rapidly .: this is an effect as Evangelical CHurches are the fastest growing in Oz (+ they have the youngest age on average-someting like 25 Vs 50/60 in traditional churches)

Formation of UC in 1977 on religious diversity- new church (combo of Presbyterian/Methodist and Congregationalist). Not all meth. or presb. joined .: impact on diversity is that a new denomination with new ideals was formed and there was split in the presb and meth churches ie disagreements in theology etc.

UC has female ministers and is fairly tolerant in most social issues (as opposed to traditional churches)+ UC is the 3rd largest Christian group in Oz.

Increased diversity since 1973- dont know why the date is relevant other than it was the end of the Viet Nam war .: increased immigration from South East Asia .: another form of buddhism comes into Aust. (not the hokey western version but real buddhism). ALso, increase in numbers of doctors from India (shortage of doctors in the 1970's .: doctors bought out) .: Hinduism (and to a lesser degree, Sikhism) comes more evident in Oz.

Also see the rise of the New Age movement after this time.

These points should get you started when combined with the notes here on BoS (ie have to use more than one set!!)

Get your hands on teh Macquarie guide if you can. Really good place to start

also, http://community.boredofstudies.org/38/studies-religion/118038/hsc-notes-im-giving-them-away.html

Last edited:

annaannaanna

HSC
N/A
The 1973 date is relevant because the Immigration Restriction Act, unoffically called the White Australia Policy- was abolished by the Whitlam(?) government....

annaannaanna

HSC
N/A
concerning snapperheads post- the year 1973 is relevent because it is the year that the Immigration Restriction Act or unofficially- the WHite AUstralia POlicy was abolished.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
yes but it was unoffically abolished years before .: it is relevant but not really.

WAP co-incided with the end of VietNam due to increase of refugees but the policy was all but dead since the early 1960's from memory

but thankyou for clarifying the date. I knew it was something relvant but couldnt remember waht exactly! (cant remember everything!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)