Religious affiliation (2 Viewers)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

olay

HSC
Originally posted by stuff
I have no idea. I thinks it cause I'm from the country. You may have to ask me specific questions. Yeah... I find if you do that I may actually give intelligent, thought-provoking answers.
(I think that I was saying that I wasn't Mel Gibson and that country people aren't all conservative)
*hugs* you're funny. :D

Originally posted by Lexicographer
I don't know about the "only if necessary" (since you can't osmose knowledge) but the implications of this message are excellent.

One should live in a manner worthy of notice, always acting as one's faith would expect. By our actions we proclaim our virtues.
agreed. :) and i think where actions don't suffice and its down to words/osmosis of thought, is where the verbalisation begins. ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I repeat, it is not a faith but the eschewing of faith. Rather than "believing in nothing" they refuse to believe in anything.

stuff

I've never heard the expression "right ho then" I have heard the expression "righto". It must be cause I'm from the country or it could be the same thing just spelt differently. I feel somewhat enlightened though cause now I can use the word eschewing in a sentence

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:) I am glad.

The expressions "Right ho" and "What ho!" are both relics of Wodehouse's day, so they've become all but extinct now. I use them because it suits my style.

Not having heard the expression is definitely NOT because you are from the coutry. I think you'd need to have rich, elderly and English (all at once) relatives to have heard that expression. :)

santaslayer

HSC
a rel;ationship in religious terms.....

eg, u believe crystal eliminate bad stuff outta ur life, but u also believe in jesus, eat halal stuff, went to mecca, and then worshipped half a dozen hindu gods......LoLz

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Er...

Christianity, Islam and Judaism (I assume you mean Jerusalem) are all mutually exclusive. As for the crystals and the hinduism, I don't know. I just know that if you claim to be Christian, Muslim and/or Jewish (any two or more of the above) and you're sort of not considered a part of either.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Anyone can adopt any aspect of any faith that they wish... Believing that Jesus was a prophet or the son of Zeus does not necessarily make you a Christian or a Muslim. The little, stringy guide from The Mummy is the best example that comes to mind.

I think that that was what was meant (what a poor sentence).

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah. Well, that guy I can firmly say would have had no approval from any of the Abrahamic faiths (I can't speak for the others). You may certainly believe bits if you want, but you can't be a Christian unless you accept ALL the prerequisite points of faith - in the same way you can't be a Muslim unless you accept all the dogmatic requirements that Islam determines to be the criteria of membership.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue about it. I'm too busy with maths. :p

As for this new interpretation of your question...I don't know? Someone who "believes" in aspects of many faiths (that stringy guy in the Mummy didn't believe - he just hoped that a bit of chanting and amulet-wearing would save him) isn't really a polytheist... Interesting.

MouNtY

i'm christian. why? because....oh.....it'll take to long to explain and i'm tired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)