religious intolerance (1 Viewer)

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Racism is biological you stupid fuck, you can't change it.

If an idiot chooses to believe in a sky fairy I sure as fucking hell can all them out on it because there's no rational reason in the entire world to believe a magical wizard does everything

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Religious intolerance 'new racism'?

what do you have to say?
Yes religious intolerance in contemporary Australian society is just as damaging as racism has been to humanity in the past and the religious suffer greatly in our current society.

Observe the following evidence:

poor darlings

Haustier

HSC
Religious people historically have been the most intolerant as a group, so not tolerating some of the things they do/say/believe is not necessarily a negative thing. The world would be better off if all religious people were killed. Just saying.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
there is no doubt that religious intolerance exists, but often its in the form of one religious nut dissing another religious nut. If people just shut up and kept their religion or faith to themselves, which is how it should be practised, none of this would occur.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
LOL

so basically 12% of the world's population are oppressing the other 88%?

hahahahahaha

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
there is no doubt that religious intolerance exists, but often its in the form of one religious nut dissing another religious nut. If people just shut up and kept their religion or faith to themselves, which is how it should be practised, none of this would occur.
Doesn't work like that: just about all religions claim that, unless you change to their religion, you're in for suffering. And lets face it, even atheism is along similar lines (many athiests think that thiests as a group are gullible retards and thus, them being good is a waste of time and effort). Therefore they will try and stop them, if they care for them.

For example:
  • Christians: If you don't believe in Jesus you go to hell. Therefore, try and get people to trust in Jesus so they don't suffer.
  • Islam: If you don't believe in Mohammad, you go to hell. Therefore, try and get people to trust in Mohammad so they don't suffer.
  • Buddhists: You don't do the right thing, you get bad karma and have a horrible next life. Therefore, try and get people to do the right thing (which you learn through being a Buddhist) so they don't suffer.
  • Hindus: see above
  • Jews: If you aren't a Jew and do your sacrifices and rituals, you don't get to go to heaven. Therefore, allow people to be a Jew so they don't suffer.
  • Atheists: if you aren't an atheist, you're wasting your time. Therefore tell the thiests to stop wasting their time and try to find holes with substance [geddit?] in their religion.

It may sound like a good idea to you, but if your in the atheist category, there is comparatively very little incentive to tell the world. In the other religions, especially Christianity and Islam, their religious texts themselves tell those who practice the religion to spread the word to the ends of the Earth and "bear fruit".

LOL

hahahahahaha
This isn't necessarily religious vs. non-religious. It also encompasses religious vs. other religious vs. non religious. I get bagged out big time predominantly by one person because I'm Christian and that guy's a Hindu.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
LOL

hahahahahaha
True, only majorities can be bigots. Fucking asian fucks, they don't assimilate, they form gangs and ghettos etc etc. See no racism.

Existential

HSC
N/A
Doesn't work like that: just about all religions claim that, unless you change to their religion, you're in for suffering. And lets face it, even atheism is along similar lines (many athiests think that thiests as a group are gullible retards and thus, them being good is a waste of time and effort). Therefore they will try and stop them, if they care for them.
atheism is not about stopping people from 'being good'. religion encompasses some very good morals that all sane atheists would respect. it's the reason people behave this way that is concerning - there is something wrong with ONLY 'being good' TO avoid hell/enter heaven. 'being good' for the sake of 'being good' (ie. for society, for others) is a better way of living as oposed to only being good to others for personal religious reasons.

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
But true atheism means there is no God and no supreme power. Therefore, logically following this train of thought, there is no one to make anything right or wrong and thus there is no "right or wrong" except for what you create. An atheist makes "god" in their own image, how they think he should be. If a theist doesn't come to a party because they are going to church or something that you believe is worthless, would you not try to stop them? Or how about a friend abstaining until marriage? If you think that they are not benefitting from this arrangement, would you not encourage them to give the arrangement up if you thought they were suffering from it.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
yes I would

we had morals before god, byproduct of evolutionary development

atheists as nihilists falls on its face

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
yes I would

we had morals before god, byproduct of evolutionary development

atheists as nihilists falls on its face

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
ugh morality is a load of shit regardless of whether god exists because there is no presupposition-free 'ought', end of story.

We have evolved to have a subjective sense of justice. I inherently feel that murder is 'wrong' because, in the times of my distant ancestors, if murder happened very often then the chances of myself or other people in my tribe (upon whom my subsistence depended) dying would be large, and hence those who were opposed to murder were more likely to survive and contribute to the next generation's gene pool.

Religious "morality" (and pretty much all morality for that matter) is merely just an intellectual manifestation of this sense of justice. It's just a way of trying to prove that your sense of justice is "right" and being able to tell people why they should follow it.

Killing people is wrong?
Why?
um...
ah! because of god!

With religious morality its either this, or something that they believe will be good for society e.g. self-restraint etc

If you told the average idiot that murder is "immoral" they will pretty much ALL agree with you, even though they are likely to be philosophic illiterates. They are inherently opposed to murder. this is why it is so easy for people to accept religious morality; not because of the supposed brilliance of god, but because religion just moulds itself around our natural concepts of good or right, and like I said when this isn't the case it is the result of some concept about the need to control society, but this is a load of shit because order is emergent.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Racism is biological you stupid fuck, you can't change it.

If an idiot chooses to believe in a sky fairy I sure as fucking hell can all them out on it because there's no rational reason in the entire world to believe a magical wizard does everything
More correctly, racism and other associated "group dividers" - religion, customs, lol even hairstyle - are a cultural expression of biological xenophobia, as a function of parochial altruism.

bazrah

HSC
ugh morality is a load of shit regardless of whether god exists because there is no presupposition-free 'ought', end of story.

We have evolved to have a subjective sense of justice. I inherently feel that murder is 'wrong' because, in the times of my distant ancestors, if murder happened very often then the chances of myself or other people in my tribe (upon whom my subsistence depended) dying would be large, and hence those who were opposed to murder were more likely to survive and contribute to the next generation's gene pool.

Religious "morality" (and pretty much all morality for that matter) is merely just an intellectual manifestation of this sense of justice. It's just a way of trying to prove that your sense of justice is "right" and being able to tell people why they should follow it.

Killing people is wrong?
Why?
um...
ah! because of god!

With religious morality its either this, or something that they believe will be good for society e.g. self-restraint etc

If you told the average idiot that murder is "immoral" they will pretty much ALL agree with you, even though they are likely to be philosophic illiterates. They are inherently are opposed to murder. this is why it is so easy for people to accept religious morality; not because of the supposed brilliance of god, but because religion just moulds itself around our natural concepts of good or right, and like I said when this isn't the case it is the result of some concept about the need to control society, but this is a load of shit because order is emergent.
All I know is that that tattoo is shit.

Lentern

HSC

Killing people is wrong?
Why?
um...
ah! because of god!

If you told the average idiot that murder is "immoral" they will pretty much ALL agree with you, even though they are likely to be philosophic illiterates. They are inherently opposed to murder. this is why it is so easy for people to accept religious morality; not because of the supposed brilliance of god, but because religion just moulds itself around our natural concepts of good or right, and like I said when this isn't the case it is the result of some concept about the need to control society, but this is a load of shit because order is emergent.
So cold, so mechanical. Be silent and rid us of ghostly lies. Every time you speak a fairy dies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)