religious rites (1 Viewer)

ToOL

having a bit of trouble with these essays, dont really know how or where to start....
Please help someone :(

rites of passage- marriage in christianity and judaism, compare and contrast their use of symbolism in the rite

rites of personal devotion- prayer in christianity and judaism, compare and contrast their use of symbolism in the rite

PLEASE PLEASE SOMEBODY... put me in the right direction or sumthing... am willing to swap notes or anything...

Alexander

Gold Member
The only way to learn to write an essay (esp. for the finals) is to do it urself~!
I did Ju. and Ch. with Synag., Comm, Bap and Bar/Bat. Rites was probably the easiest CRS.
The marking guidelines and stuff state you need to first know the nature, role and significance of the rites---so do/start with that.

crazylilmonkee

HSC
yeah i did marriage, i sucked at first, then i got info on the diff types of symbolism within the tradition in regards to the different denominations.
eg breaking of the glass - different meaning to different jews
lifting of the veil - reference to bible
etc etc.. damn i cant think at the moment..
i might be able to scan my essay if u want

ToOL

LOL YEAH this stuff sucks hey... that would be sweet if you wanna scan it... i got an essay somewhere on thuis computer if ya wana c 2

:)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
yeah that would be really cool thanks heaps!
what i really need help with, is teachers and interpreters.. grr that is the worst! don't suppose ur doing it?

ToOL

yes hahaha i am !!
doing christianity - pope john xxiii or something
and judiasm - chasidim i think... what or who u doing?
ive done a bit on all hey ...

crazylilmonkee

HSC
hey me too!! i dont get chassidim at all!! i got a crappy 5/10 for my essay on that in the exam.. sooooooo pissed off
:D exchange notes?

ToOL

yeah alrighty :) i got heaps of notes and stuff... ill scan em for you and get em on here asap ok :)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
heres my trial answer

hey this is my trial answer and i think i just got marked easy on it, but i hope it helps! :)

crazylilmonkee

HSC
hey it was pure luck! cos i only got 15/20 previously but then i spoke to a teacher and she helped me out.. lets just hope i can get that mark for the hsc!

and scuse my bad grammer in the essay :)

ToOL

sweet. ill get my notes for ya soon hey, ill need to scan em at mah friends house...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
crazylilmonkee i have read your answers and if it was up to my school teachers marking your essay for the first question you would not have got full marks, should have mentioned 'pre-liminal, liminal and post-liminal' stages in your first answer

for the second answer, you did not go into detail about the varients within each tradition, the requirement for full marks would have been to provide detailed description into 2 varients within each tradition, that means a total of 4 varients minimum to get fulll marks provided you give deep insight...

i think you got marked very easy but if you look at it another way, i got marked very hard :(

please note that im in no way trying to make you feel bad, just tryin to help you out

crazylilmonkee

HSC
hehe yeah i know i got marked easy.. the teacher gave pointers yet i still got full marks? i dont get it either. but thanks heaps. I shall remember ur words :)
but also i think markers are somewhat subjective, cos when one of my teachers, went through the marking criteria/guidelines she said for the varients, u just need some sort of mention as the marker just wants to know that us students understand that there are such things as varients within a tradition... so i dunno,..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)