Relocating for uni (1 Viewer)

xibu34

HSC
Planning on moving to syd from about 12 hours away to go to UNSW. Does anybody have experience with moving to sydney from a rural area and have financial/general tips? Was also wondering what the best way to meet people at UNSW is ? I've heard societies are good, but are there any good ways to meet people doing the same course as you before O day and stuff.

Rattlehead15

HSC
Planning on moving to syd from about 12 hours away to go to UNSW. Does anybody have experience with moving to sydney from a rural area and have financial/general tips? Was also wondering what the best way to meet people at UNSW is ? I've heard societies are good, but are there any good ways to meet people doing the same course as you before O day and stuff.
Im also trying to move to unsw but only from 4ish hours away. My only advice is that its gonna be expensive

Rattlehead15

HSC
Yeah for sure, im lucky cus i have saved heaps and got scholarships (plus a place to stay with no rent). Otherwise it would be impossible.
Ive also saved lots but its gonna be a big hit financially but still worth it imo. Were they UNSW scholarships?

xibu34

HSC
Wait pls where do u just search it up?

Pretty sure these both add up to around $10k

nsw..wollongong

HSC

Pretty sure these both add up to around $10k
Hope both sides of ur pillow r ice cold

xibu34

HSC
what degree you doing or aiming to do
I got an unconditional offer for commerce, I think BSOC and FINSOC kind of appeal to me but I've heard they're filled with a lot of selective groups who don't really want to go out of their way to meet new people.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I got an unconditional offer for commerce, I think BSOC and FINSOC kind of appeal to me but I've heard they're filled with a lot of selective groups who don't really want to go out of their way to meet new people.
yeah so it'd be bsoc and any of the relateds - yeah it was a bit tough for me as well given I didn't go selective but generally are welcoming

maybe join other societies, whatever your personal interests are etc ... there's a website which says them all

Rattlehead15

HSC
You can also get relocation scholarships and Centrelink stuff which adds up to a lot
Yup I would probably get a lot in youth allowance because I have low household income but sadly it says for youth allowance at least you cant get paid more for moving out unless you literally have to like abusive parents. But since you live so far yeah theres def more opportunities like relocation stuff

xibu34

HSC
yeah so it'd be bsoc and any of the relateds - yeah it was a bit tough for me as well given I didn't go selective but generally are welcoming

maybe join other societies, whatever your personal interests are etc ... there's a website which says them all
Sweet, cheers for the replies 🙏

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Wait so moving from one major city to another isn’t counted as relocation even if it’s literally across the country???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)