Remember the T-Card? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I have a feeling that the delay for concession opal is because they are trying to do it right.

Thought early on that they would attempt to link our uni records with opal cards so the whole concession sticker process was removed, but I doubt it will happen now. Since they botched up the removal of monthly or higher tickets they have to release concession opal sooner rather than later.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a feeling that the delay for concession opal is because they are trying to do it right.

Thought early on that they would attempt to link our uni records with opal cards so the whole concession sticker process was removed, but I doubt it will happen now. Since they botched up the removal of monthly or higher tickets they have to release concession opal sooner rather than later.
Pretty much this.

With concession fares, the additional verification is necessary so I hazard to guess that's the reason for the delay.

People are complaining that students don't have Opal but the alternative is delaying the roll-out until everything is ready, which is wasteful.

Rather roll-out with a smaller user base and get through the teething problems that way, rather than do it together so some people don't feel left out.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel as though the Opal card is slow, compared to the "putting the ticket in the slot".

People need to fiddle with it in order to get it working .

I've seen this problem multiple times at central station , the ticket line is always faster than the opal line

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
If T stands for Titans then yes, I do Remember the Titans.

dim-sims

HSC
Haha oh yeah the good old t card. Sometimes we used to just scan it on that thing for the lolz

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)