• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

Reminder: Tax File Number (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
definitely deserves the bump. esp relevant to first-year undergraduate students in 2015.

Speculate

HSC
N/A
My application for a TFN is still pending and I have around a week left to accept an offer. If the situation occurs where the TFN doesn't arrive can I still apply for HECS after I have accepted the offer? (UNSW Commerce)

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My application for a TFN is still pending and I have around a week left to accept an offer. If the situation occurs where the TFN doesn't arrive can I still apply for HECS after I have accepted the offer? (UNSW Commerce)
You should have until the 'census date' to submit your TFN.

I believe that's 31 March 2015 but best to contact the uni to check.

Speculate

HSC
N/A
Whew, amazing to hear. Will contact em soon to make sure, thanks a bunch :)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't get my TFN before enrolling in uni either (although at usyd) and it was fine with them. I just had to scan and send the document regarding HECS-HELP at a later date.

STUDENT K

HSC
If anyone has a TFN but has lost it, just check out the website and give them a call. Also make sure to have your passport/drivers license handy as proof of identification. Once you provide all that type of information, they will give it to you, and you are good to go. :)

nunyabeezwax

HSC
Sorry if I'm not supposed to resurrect an old thread, but is this stuff still relevant for people starting uni in 2020?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)