Removing Norton Internet Security (1 Viewer)

Plebeian

Argh, my mum forgot the supervisor password for Norton Internet Security 2003. This means I am unable to fiddle with my firewall settings (the firewall is actually locked in the off position, you need to be a supervisor to turn it back on :p ). My router has NAT and SPI so getting hacked is not an immediate problem.

Basically I need to reinstall Norton... but uninstalling requires the supervisor password. Is it possible / a good idea to boot to command prompt, and just delete the directories? (I have the feeling this will leave behind lots of crap in the registry & the system folders.) Or is a full reformat/reinstall the only way to go? (I was thinking about doing this post-HSC anyway.)

Thanks

equiski

HSC
Norton internet security is hard enough to uninstall when you do have the supervisor password. I have to agree with neuro_logic. Brute force is the only option now.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Best way to fix these problems is to format :D

A PC technician's favourite way of doing things :p

r0wlzii

Start->Run->msconfig->Startup->Tick off everything that looks like Norton (you can look in services also)

Then just simply delete the firewall folder. It probably not the best thing to do but hey, then you can repair it and hopefully reinstall it, thus a new password. Who the fuck uses passwords nowadays anyways?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)