Renewable engineering GOOD or BAD (1 Viewer)

d3sprado

HSC
Wat do ppl think bout renewable engineering

is it good or bad

wats the chances of being employed

wat do ppl think wn dey get da job

wats da salary like

THX to those who reply, just curioes dats y?

HSC
chances of being employed in renewable energy is little to none in australia. you'll have to go overseas unless you wana be an academic i guess.

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
I never heard of renewable engineering before..................as said ye it would be hard to find employment in australia for that course, but since its rare there might be high pay for it.
If you really are interested in doing it go ahead, it depends on your interest.

Addictd2

HSC
you're talking about renewable energy? the one at UNSW right?
i want to take that course, i still do actually, i could have but i think i didnt want to go to that uni. sounds interesting though but i thought it might be a good industry with the whole global warming issue. i could be mistaken

HSC
Addictd2 said:
you're talking about renewable energy? the one at UNSW right?
i want to take that course, i still do actually, i could have but i think i didnt want to go to that uni. sounds interesting though but i thought it might be a good industry with the whole global warming issue. i could be mistaken
there's jobs around just not in australia. i know someone doing renewable energy and he said that there's work in germany and america or something? if you want to do it, then go for it. you just won't find much work in australia for a while, thats all.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
like other people said there's very few jobs in renewable energy in australia

see for yourself if you seek.com.au search for 'renewable energy' right now theres 108 matches, however about 70% or so of these are either in sales or unsuitable for a recent re graduate
(for comparison the term 'structural' returns over 3000 matches)

there is however plenty of opportunity overseas, specifically germany, japan and china.

remember thou that australia will have an emissions trading scheme by 2012. the australian climate exchange has already opened a few days ago (around 8.50$/tonne co2)

once the ets has opened carbon trading will be huge.
already re grads have made a start up to analyse business's co2 emissions (energy audits), helping them become 'carbon neutral' (business's will pay big $ for the +ve PR/image this generates), and other stuff like that

there will only be more demand for this sort of stuff once the ets is made compulsory for big companies

anyway if you want to be sure of a job after graduating, civil eng. or something like that is probably your best bet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)