Repeat the HSC. (1 Viewer)

bio_nut

HSC
Well, med has a threshhold where once you get higher than a certain GPA, they only take into account your GAMSAT and interview scores, they don't care what you GPA is anymore. Apparently this might be changing though :(

edit: I mean for med, don't think it's changing for dent, though who knows? Just do your best at uni I spose

Yeah, it really doesn't matter where you did undergrad.

I'd still recommend trying for usyd though, science here is pretty awesome :)

I have no idea about the studying, I'm sorry. I didn't start studying until just before the HSC as I knew I'd get into my course and really wasn't fussed

There'll be plnety of people on here who could advise you though! :)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
What ever you do don't repeat the HSC, it will literaly kill you. The best thing to do if you wanna do Dent at USYD is to take up a science degree or a medical science degree at either Mq, UWS or UTS. Thats what i am doing. Why because it is easier to get the better marks that you need. If you wanna play it smart apply for a combined Sci/Comm degree. That way if you dont make it to dent you can complete the commerce degree and have some chance at gettin a job. As for your subjects i say as long your school is ranked decently do easy subjects and absolutly rape them trust me you'll have a much higher chance at getting 90 ATAR. Also apply for bonus points.
+1
It's great to have another degree up your sleeve... Aand you might even find something you like that's more interesting than Dentistry

tafe is a piece of shit.
Have you even been to TAFE? It's waay better than school!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)