Repeat year 12 again?..... (1 Viewer)

eternalsoul6

Chronic Crammer (><)
HSC
yes i know it was a mistake, i dont mean as in repeating again as in doing my 12th year for the 3rd time....

cokeface

HSC
I wanna repeat too.. i onli got 59 uai but realised how fukn much better i wouldave dun if i had hadnt have got carried away with the social side of things and done more then just the month cramming i did before the HSC.

suxass n i regret it n all, I wanna go back n get 95+ which ikno i am capable of but ....... I wanna ask if anyone knows if..

1stly whether i can enrol at the start of 2008 bak into year 12 (having technically missed the 1st term)..

2ndly whether i can do it at another school..

and lastly what would happen with the assesments i will have missed which wouldave been completed in term 4 of 2007.

Im asking all this coz skools are now closed and the fukwit advice lines try to redirect me to shit that i dont wanna do. Knowing wot ikno now im detirmined to repeat n get where i wanna go so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

anyway cheers.

Rob

TheKey

HSC
To the guys with bad UAIs...what do you want?

1. A high UAI for the sake of having a high UAI?
2. Some course you wanna do at uni?

If 1. no point in talking to you, if 2. then you might wanna try and apply to UWS into any course for the moment. Hopefully you can get a credit average in your first semester and then your free to choose any course in UWS. I am assuming that internal transfers in UWS are still possible and that would seriously be the shortest way (12 week semester) to achieve your goal of getting into a course you want. My friend did this and got into Law after 1 semester of social science or whatever it was he took just to get into UWS.

cokeface

HSC
TheKey said:
To the guys with bad UAIs...what do you want?

1. A high UAI for the sake of having a high UAI?
2. Some course you wanna do at uni?

If 1. no point in talking to you, if 2. then you might wanna try and apply to UWS into any course for the moment. Hopefully you can get a credit average in your first semester and then your free to choose any course in UWS. I am assuming that internal transfers in UWS are still possible and that would seriously be the shortest way (12 week semester) to achieve your goal of getting into a course you want. My friend did this and got into Law after 1 semester of social science or whatever it was he took just to get into UWS.
needa be accepted into uni first and im 1 below cutoff for lowest course which is 60. Is it worth me putting the 120 or wotever on the line n applying?

Last edited:

TheKey

HSC
If I was you I would...but the bad news is that you may not receive an offer in any case since UAC doesn't apparently consider applicants who apply after 7th December in the main round of offers (that has to be the most absurd thing i ever heard, but apparently its true). I think your still eligible for late round and final round (but those offers are more rare).

I think it would definitely be worth going to the Uni expo thing (2nd Jan for UWS i think), asking the lecturers there if there are any alternative entry schemes into their courses. If you show enthusiasm maybe they will make special consideration for you and let you in on the basis of your performance in certain subject or work experience or whatever. Its still in universities interest to get as many people in and wont hurt to try. For now, research what you want to do, or what you want to get into initially and then you will have some idea of what to ask those lecturers.

I personally would pay the 120, if for nothing else but to prevent myself feeling regret for not trying. However the odds are against you at this point.

jirwin

HSC
why are u only applying to UAC now? couldnt u have applied by the end of sept with just a single preference or random preferences and then changed them when u figured out what u wanted to do?

TheKey

HSC
Yes, thats what they would want you to do, spend 22$ for an option to apply in a few months. Perhaps this person did not want the pressure of having to then live up to this expectation of getting into such a course or uni in general and decided to concentrate on their HSC and think about university applications AFTER they obtain their UAI. But yes, this is a crazy notion, UAC certainly thinks so.

The question should be WHY DOESN'T UAC ALLOW YOU TO APPLY FOR UNI AFTER YOU GET YOUR UAI? Oh yes, thats right, they do allow you to apply...if you pay $120 more and to add insult to injury...your application wont be considered for the main round of offers despite the fact that all other applicants who applied before 7th of December will be allowed to change their preferences until early Jan.

cokeface

HSC
Cheers for the reply's

I shall work my way down thru my options..

1. apply for uni n put my 120 or so on the line...if that fails

2. apply to do HSC at TAFE (as well as every scholarship known to man)

3. apply for skool if im too late for TAFE as well as ditto

4. Apprenticeship if all else fails.

i have lernt a valuble lesson thanx to my fuking around in skool... probli the onli thing i rly did lern. but u cant put a wise hed on young shoulders

not without surgery anyway hahahaha.

:devil:

goodbye

eternalsoul6

Chronic Crammer (><)
HSC
your note late for tafe, the one im applying at is having their registration etc on 31st jan, call up the tafe places your thinking of going and i guess they'll let you know if your late or not. Anyeways good luck with everything!

cokeface

HSC
shit lol hope im not to late cheers i better get on my bike n find out...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
hey i thought of maybe repeating too , seeing as idk if im guna do well enough in a diff course to transfer.

ive been hearing that if you repeat year 12 again (outright without pathways) , they'll reduce your marks by 10% due to you having an unfair advantage ..

thats not true right ? sure hope its hearsay.

oh and also , when you wanna transfer in uni , dont they take half your UAI , and half your GPA kinda thing ? so your uai still is being considered isnt it ?

eternalsoul6

Chronic Crammer (><)
HSC
...hmmm... about having your marks reduced by 10% im certain thats just false speculation since the board of studies allows students to redo yr 12 but only ONCE more. So the last mark you receive after your second try is the one your stuck with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)