Repeating a Passed Subject (1 Viewer)

candy22

HSC
I got only one pass, but it was 62, so it was ahigh pass, and close to credit. If I do redo the course, does that mean the 62 for first semester will be erased from my results, in estudent, and the new mark will appear under the semester I redo it?

blackrider89

HSC
I got only one pass, but it was 62, so it was ahigh pass, and close to credit. If I do redo the course, does that mean the 62 for first semester will be erased from my results, in estudent, and the new mark will appear under the semester I redo it?
How unlucky (and silly) it is, ur past results will remain the same.

X

xeuyrawp

Okay, because people can't seem to read.

Everything you need to know about repeating a unit with a Pass:

1. If you receive a Pass in a unit, you may repeat it. You may want to repeat it in order to
a) gain the required prerequisite of another unit (which may require, eg, a Cr), to
b) improve your GPA, or
c) for some other reason, eg you wanting to prove you can do the unit.

2. Repeating the unit will not erase the old unit's results from your transcript. Both results will appear on your transcript.

3. Repeating the unit will not replace the old unit in the calculation in your GPA, however

4. both units will count in the calculation of your GPA.

5. You can only count the unit for Credit Points once.

Because of number 3., failing a unit at university is very bad. This is told to you numerous times; eg at Enrolment and Orientation, so you have no excuse not to know it. As far as I can see, this is a very fair system - I would actually argue that it's too fair.

candy22

HSC
Okay, because people can't seem to read.

Everything you need to know about repeating a unit with a Pass:

1. If you receive a Pass in a unit, you may repeat it. You may want to repeat it in order to
a) gain the required prerequisite of another unit (which may require, eg, a Cr), to
b) improve your GPA, or
c) for some other reason, eg you wanting to prove you can do the unit.

2. Repeating the unit will not erase the old unit's results from your transcript. Both results will appear on your transcript.

3. Repeating the unit will not replace the old unit in the calculation in your GPA, however

4. both units will count in the calculation of your GPA.

5. You can only count the unit for Credit Points once.

Because of number 3., failing a unit at university is very bad. This is told to you numerous times; eg at Enrolment and Orientation, so you have no excuse not to know it. As far as I can see, this is a very fair system - I would actually argue that it's too fair.
Why especially for number 3?

And thanks for clarifying. If the original 62 is going to stand, I can't see the point of repeating. I think all I needed was a pass for that course. I'm not overly concerned with a 62, because it least it's a high pass.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Why especially for number 3?

And thanks for clarifying. If the original 62 is going to stand, I can't see the point of repeating. I think all I needed was a pass for that course. I'm not overly concerned with a 62, because it least it's a high pass.
Exactly. No point. TBH GPA is not the be-all end-all of everything, don't be too concerned with incrementally increasing it by repeating already passed subjects (which is my opinion).

Plus, uni students forget about their HECS debt very easily. I am suffering for the repeated subjects now that I'm working full time :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its like herpes, the best you can hope for is to minimise its impact in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)