Repeating HSC (Weird scenario) (1 Viewer)

sasquatch

HSC
Hey everyone,

I completed the HSC in 2006 and did very well - got a UAI of 97.55. I thought at this time I knew what I wanted to do and picked Computer Science at UNSW. During the first semester, I realised how boring the rest of my life would be if i stayed there so i decided to transfer to UTS and do a B Sci in IT / B Arts in International Studies. During that time I realised i enjoyed the Arts subjects much better than the IT subjects, and for a while i've been thinking that I'd probably enjoy the Visual Communications course at UTS.

As you can see im a bit lost but well whatever.

As i've read that entry into the Vis Com course is very competative for non-recent school leavers I was thinking that maybe it'd be good to re-do my HSC so i can qualify again as a recent-school leaver.

My question is though, since I completed I think 12 units and am pretty much happy with ALL my marks (cept maybe SDD and IT which weren't even that bad), could i keep my marks for 8 units and just re-do 2 units, with my other 8 counting from 2006 to get a 2009 UAI? It sounds a bit far-fetched but im just wondering. I dont really think I could go through all that HSC crap again, but doing a few subjects wouldnt be much trouble.

Thanks heaps for any replies.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
I'm doing a three subjects at Randwick College TAFE to give myself a more competitive UAI. Redoing some HSC subjects at tafe seemed a far safer choice than the alternative: studying for a year at uws/uncle/etc and hoping for a transfer.

Anyway enough about me. There is a girl in my bio class who got a similar UAI to you (only higher) who did law @ usyd for a year or two before deciding that she'd rather do medicine. Her name is Lara for all those sydney law students that might know her. She's only doing the 2 units (biology).

So the answer is yes you can do only the two units if you like, a new UAI will be awarded to you from your best 10 units accumulated over the past X years (I believe it is 6 years).

sasquatch

HSC
Hey thanks heaps for those stories! You've eased a lot of stress and made me feel confident about what i will be doing next year!

Yeah thanks heaps, i'll contact a TAFE campus for more information. Good luck on your educational journey!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)