Repeating HSC? (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

It depends how well you did or how much you remember from the last year you did the HSC

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
unless you did really BAD then yeah you should repeat. but nah i wouldn't repeat. rather just try my best once and if i do crap than so be it.

khandigirl

psychotic wench
HSC
so not worth it. doing it currently.

have to leave my school now cos ive been ill.

bos deserves to fucking die.

A l

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't recommend it unless you are absolutely confident you will do better this time and that you will put the effort into it. I personally oppose it, because if you do repeat the whole course, then you probably wasted a whole year (or two)of your life where you could have unleashed your full potential (or close to it). Most people would give it their all in one go.
Remember, that if you do repeat, then your most recent attempt will count and anything before that will be excluded even if the previous attempt was better than the recent attempt. Also, take into account the fact that the evident trend every year is that it requires higher marks to achieve the same ranking, relative to the previous year.
I've heard of people who have repeated but did only a little bit better than their previous attempt, thus it made no difference and they wasted a year getting the same score (I've even heard of people who only got 0.05 UAI points higher than his/her previous score lol).

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
A l said:
I wouldn't recommend it unless you are absolutely confident you will do better this time and that you will put the effort into it.
Why bother? Why not just put in the effort NOW, and then (like you said) you'll save a couple of years of your life...
There's plenty of time to improve... it's only December!!!

A l said:
I've heard of people who have repeated but did only a little bit better than their previous attempt, thus it made no difference and they wasted a year getting the same score (I've even heard of people who only got 0.05 UAI points higher than his/her previous score lol).
That would REALLY suck.
Did they put in any extra effort?

fakingtheday

HSC
Thus i am maintaining my statement: fuck the rules and fuck the po-leece. Just get principal's rec if you aren't going to do well enough, but there's plenty of time ahead of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)