report writing help!! (1 Viewer)

killer_courts

HSC
i need help with the actual writing of the report... (abstract) mainly...

could any1 lend me a hand?

jess6988

HSC
Me Too

Hi, Iam doing my cafs irp at the minute to and i have done all the research i can becuase its due in a week (next monday) and i was wondering if anyone had any helpful ideas about how to set out the whole task.

i need direction on how to write and set out the IRP becuase we got given a booklet on how to write it but it doesnt help very much about explain where to put all the information on each topic and about how to actually explain the research.

i was also wondering if in the IRP final write out if it can be write in the context of "i" and "my opinion" all that sort of stuff.....

please help me im hopeless with it

frootloop

HSC
well, about using 'I' and 'in my opinion' -I would strongly discourage doing this.

It's a formal report and should be written like one so use formal language and write in the third person.

I suppose that different teachers will want/expect different things. But our teacher said that she wanted it written like you would any formal report- like an essay- you are mostly expected to write in the third person.

If you're still unsure, I recommend you see your teacher about it- who would know better than them? After all, your teacher will be marking it!

p.s. even if it is at the last minute- your teacher doesn't necessarily have to know that-just casually ask about it and say you wanted to make sure that you had done it right ;) Good Luck!

jess6988

HSC
Thanks

thanx heaps,
i dont want to ask her because she can be a bit of an ogre, so im a tad scared of her and she will ask to see how ive written it and i havent done it yet beacuse im really bad with time management......

Have you already done yours or are you in the process of doing your IRP at the minute?

Im not to sure about the whole content though, we have a booklet that tells us how to set it out but doesnt tell us what is acutally supposed to be in each section.........
i don't know maybe im just thick :confused: but its really confusing me as to where to put each peice of information and i was wondering if maybe you could direct me in how to set it all out

Headings, content etc

Thanks sooo much for you help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)