Republican Primaries (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
romney is still the clear favourite and is more likely to win the closed and semi closed primaries. newt gingrich has serious credentials sure, but he also has has far too much dirt on him, and soundbites to boot. all he's doing is taking old rick perry votes (which he shared with cain), and now, old cain votes.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Romney will win the nomination and will then lose the election, we all know this

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

baby eating smile

could sell ice to an eskimo with that grin

Lentern

HSC
romney is still the clear favourite and is more likely to win the closed and semi closed primaries. newt gingrich has serious credentials sure, but he also has has far too much dirt on him, and soundbites to boot. all he's doing is taking old rick perry votes (which he shared with cain), and now, old cain votes.
But Newt is smart enough to hold on to them unlike Perry. Romney is suffering a bit of a Howard Dean problem, he has already spent so much time, money and effort fending off attacks from the field.

Also how come Romney would lose to Obama? I admit I don't get US politics as easily as I do Aus or UK but isn't Romney a classic Dave Cameron/Kevin Rudd sort of candidate, middle ground, white bread, calm, reliable, stands for nothing much, running against the the most left wing President since Carter, an African American no less who has lost some major political capital on the domestic front. Foreign Affairs wise he's probably doing fine coz of Obama and Gaddafi. I've always been of the opinion that Obama's win had a lot more to do with Palin than McCain.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
But Newt is smart enough to hold on to them unlike Perry. Romney is suffering a bit of a Howard Dean problem, he has already spent so much time, money and effort fending off attacks from the field.

Also how come Romney would lose to Obama? I admit I don't get US politics as easily as I do Aus or UK but isn't Romney a classic Dave Cameron/Kevin Rudd sort of candidate, middle ground, white bread, calm, reliable, stands for nothing much, running against the the most left wing President since Carter, an African American no less who has lost some major political capital on the domestic front. Foreign Affairs wise he's probably doing fine coz of Obama and Gaddafi. I've always been of the opinion that Obama's win had a lot more to do with Palin than McCain.
Obamas popularity has been coming back ever since he fucked over osama (admittedly just a little bit), he is a great campaigner, his pseudo promises about ending the wars are being accepted, the media is still his bitch, most of the republican candidates are basically the same as Obama except a few like Ron Paul.

What RP has done is make many realise that both parties are the same, so they may simply not turn out to vote for the republicans if Romney gets the nomination. RP has a stable 10% and I have seen many supporters say Either RP or no one and of course all the democrats who were RP converts will disappear and vote for Obama probs

TLDR Obama knows his shit when it comes to campaigning and will win because the alternatives suck worse than him

Garygaz

HSC
unemployment is falling in the states at the moment, which will obama.

Lentern

HSC
Obamas popularity has been coming back ever since he fucked over osama (admittedly just a little bit), he is a great campaigner, his pseudo promises about ending the wars are being accepted, the media is still his bitch, most of the republican candidates are basically the same as Obama except a few like Ron Paul.

What RP has done is make many realise that both parties are the same, so they may simply not turn out to vote for the republicans if Romney gets the nomination. RP has a stable 10% and I have seen many supporters say Either RP or no one and of course all the democrats who were RP converts will disappear and vote for Obama probs

TLDR Obama knows his shit when it comes to campaigning and will win because the alternatives suck worse than him
You have a problem with projecting your own views on the electorate you know that? I've never been sold about the myth of Obama, his inspiring rhetoric, his charm, his urbane image etc I don't believe counts for as much as a perception of competence, a reliable steady hand at the wheel etc. Perry, Palin, Bachman, Santoro Trump and Cain are all sort of "dangerous" and would have gotten thumped in a general election but Gingrich and Romney could beat Obama depending how the campaign panned out. Obviously that's contingent on them not picking a nutjob as a running mate.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
You have a problem with projecting your own views on the electorate you know that? I've never been sold about the myth of Obama, his inspiring rhetoric, his charm, his urbane image etc I don't believe counts for as much as a perception of competence, a reliable steady hand at the wheel etc. Perry, Palin, Bachman, Santoro Trump and Cain are all sort of "dangerous" and would have gotten thumped in a general election but Gingrich and Romney could beat Obama depending how the campaign panned out. Obviously that's contingent on them not picking a nutjob as a running mate.
eh in 85% sure the republicans won't win no matter the candidate, the media will make Obama out to be God in black skin, the 15% is in case somebody massively fucks up

Garygaz

HSC
his inspiring rhetoric, his charm, his urbane image etc I don't believe counts for as much as a perception of competence, a reliable steady hand at the wheel .
i think you're over estimating the average intelligence of a voting american, and i don't mean that sarcastically.

Lentern

HSC
i think you're over estimating the average intelligence of a voting american, and i don't mean that sarcastically.
Not really, I make no comment on there rationale for thinking someone is competent, reliable etc. The old adage about people voting with their hip pocket is fairly true and I think Romney and Gingritch exert an air of "knowing what their doing" more so than Obama who I reckon for a lot of voters would come across as a bit Sun Yat-sen, glorious ideas but limited grasp on the reality.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

John McCain saying how disappointed he was at the candidates (everybody sides RP and Huntsman) saying torture is ok. McCain of course was tortured himself during Vietnam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)