• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reputation etiquette (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
if someone gives you a reputation, is it necessary to give them one back?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if he just types no it woul dhave told him he had to type more

so he filled up the rest of the place by writing 10char min - the minimum number of characters yo ucan have is 10

no, you do not have to rep back. even if they ask.

klh

HSC
ok, thanks v. much.
i just got like rep points and i didnt know what to do with them...

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
by all means rep backif you want though. i generally don't because my reps are worth a lot more and then i'll have people repping me to boost their own rep, which isn't going to happen. i rep whoever deserves it.

J

jhakka

iambored said:
by all means rep backif you want though. i generally don't because my reps are worth a lot more and then i'll have people repping me to boost their own rep, which isn't going to happen. i rep whoever deserves it.
After Minai and the admins, you'd probably have the highest rep giving influence (since it's based on post count and total reps).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This rep thing is destroying you people, and it makes me SICK to my stomach to constantly hear people drone on and on about being 'repd'...jeeze I mean is this all you people think about?

(...If you enjoyed my rant, feel free to rep me. Im not made of stone.)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jhakka said:
After Minai and the admins, you'd probably have the highest rep giving influence (since it's based on post count and total reps).
There is some other criteria as well, because sometimes those two aspects just don't add up. I wish there was some way of knowing what your reputation weighting is:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Iron woman said:
This rep thing is destroying you people, and it makes me SICK to my stomach to constantly hear people drone on and on about being 'repd'...jeeze I mean is this all you people think about?
Yeah, I agree. It does get very repetitive and annoying:(.

J

jhakka

Merethrond said:
There is some other criteria as well, because sometimes those two aspects just don't add up. I wish there was some way of knowing what your reputation weighting is:).
I think every time you get 100 reps, you get one extra point, as well as one for every thousand posts.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
jhakka said:
I think every time you get 100 reps, you get one extra point, as well as one for every thousand posts.
Nope, it doesn't always add up though. I think there is some other criteria:).

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
I think it's how many boxes you have + how many 1000 posts
heavyweights like asqy bubz etc are worth quite a bit

timrie6

HSC
N/A
whenever someone has a signature saying 'rep me' or something similar i feel an intense urge not to

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
i don't get the rep thing...in fact i don't even know why i have a siggy saying "rep me".
I do know that i have a negative rep though....whats with that? it doesn't let me say mean stuff to people *pouts*.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
is the any point to reps apart from having one to brag about?

sub

is there any benefit?? like special priveleges? y rep ppl? i dun get the concept... :(

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well i know its annoying having people say rep me, rep me, but i think people in these forums ARE looking for reps.

and i know that when i didn't have rep me in my sig, no-one was repping me and i was on nothing, even though i was helping out much more than people who had more rep.

Since I've made that addition to my sig, I've gone up about 20 points in 5 days.... (and i deserve it too - i've gotten it for all my important posts)

Last edited:

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
I agree - ever since i added 'rep me' propaganda to my sig (and starting repping more ppl myself), i've gone from 21 rep points to 67 in less than a week! :eek:

I really dont think that rep points are a reflection of
a) your character (whether online or true character)
b) the quality of your posts (iv seen some pretty stupid people with high reps) or
c) the amount of times you post

No matter what you do, you can't FORCE anyone to rep you... they do it of their own free will. So if anyone wants to rep me, i say go ahead :D
but i dont badger anyone to do it.

Therefore, to wrap up my case, I believe that although repping is fun, we shouldn't take it to heart :D Thankyou ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Goodnight.

klh

HSC
i actually wanted to know the etiquette coz people were repping and i didnt know if it was compulsory to return it.
no i dont go on the forums to be repped, i like to post some experiences or help with info abt uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)