Request for scaled aggregate from UAC (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There needs to be a signed copy in existence somewhere, but I don't need the original.

So, if you signed it and then scanned it and emailed it to me, that would be fine.

James Cos

HSC
What happened with your FOI application? Did you seek a review or did you let it go?
I decided to let it go. I got some of the things I wanted - the marks my school sent in, my actual earned exam mark for Economics, and my Illness/Misadventure Appeal documents (which were interesting). The papers I only really wanted to try to derive raw marks.

It's probably easier for us to get raw marks the way you're doing now anyway!

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Hey, Lazarus
I assume you have received the authorisation? If so, have you done anything with it? Just asking =P

Thanks

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Yep I received it and I'm still drafting a response - work has been busy. Hoping to finish it today though.

I'll give you a copy for your comments before I post it.

dp624

HSC
Hey Lazarus, how's the application going?

Also, I saw in the HSC&UAI forum for 2008 that Patar got his application refused as well for his scripts =S

dp624

HSC
Hey Lazarus - it's almost been a month, any news?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I sent your letter and submissions on 1 May 2009 and requested their response within 30 days.

It looks like they aren't going to comply with that request. But hopefully it won't take them too much longer. They are probably seeking legal advice. If they take too long it's easy enough to refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner anyway.

I know they received it because I sent them another letter in the same envelope and they have contacted me in relation to that letter.

The additional letter related to my FOI application to the BOS. When I sought an internal review, I said that I was developing a new results service for HSC students, and in their reply BOS asked to meet with me and UAC to discuss it.

As a result of that I am meeting with BOS and UAC and Prof George Cooney on 1 July 2009.

It should be very obvious to them that their dealings with me are entirely separate to their processing of your request, but if I haven't received anything from them in response to your request by the end of the week (to allow for delay in the post), I'll write to UAC again and make it explicit that meeting with me isn't an excuse for delaying what they do with you.

Let me know if that's OK with you.

(As a sidenote - half of my time at the moment is being spent working on a submission to the NSW Govt in relation to their proposed FOI reforms - trying to remove the exemptions for universities and the DET.)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Correction - I actually sent it on 5 May 2009 - so they still have a week left.

dp624

HSC
Ahhkk
Sounds good to me. I suppose you should do as you see fit =P.

Interesting stuff @ the NSW Government Proposal - sounds epic. Best of luck with that, haha.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Nada.

Andrew Stanton even called me last night about the ATAR thread, but he doesn't seem to be writing any letters...

I will send them a short note about it.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM, <andrew.stanton@uac.edu.au> wrote:

Dear James,

My apologies - I didn't actually see the letter of 5 may, seeking the
meeting with John Bennett and me, so I didn't see the attached
correspondence relating to David's request.

I will seek the appropriate advice as a matter of urgency.

Regards,
Andrew

==============================================
Andrew Stanton
Managing Director
Universities Admissions Centre (NSW & ACT) P/L

Locked Bag 112
Silverwater NSW 2128
AUSTRALIA
==============================================

James Cos

HSC
any response, James?

if not, it seems to me that more than enough time has elapsed for us to complain to the Privacy Commissioner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)