[REQUEST] Michael Elliot/Laurence Olivier "King Lear" Production notes (1 Viewer)

Vuki

HSC
Hi,

I'm doing notes for my trial HSC coming up in week 2, and i've basically done everything but i'm missing one part of my Module B notes. I did pretty well in the Lear assessment but I lost a mark for using a production with relation to an Aristotelian reading which really didn't adhere to the Aristotelian concept. I managed to bullshit my way out of losing too many marks, i.e. I argued it fairly well but I need a new production.

I was told to use Michael Elliot's King Lear production, starring Laurence Olivier. I have watched it once so I know I can use it for Aristotelian, but I don't have any notes nor do I have a copy of the video. Does anyone have any notes on it, if possible including its relation to an Aristotelian reading, if not just notes on a few scenes/technique/the set/production. Any notes, short or long are appreciated. If you are unable to upload them my email is:

vukasin@gmail.com

Thanks a lot.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i did watch that movie but didn't use it. i would get to the hire shop now and hire a copy, or borrow one if your school has one. from what i remember aristotelian has sort of to do with power? in the first scene watch as lear throws his crown off, that's him losing power. i think he also stands / sits above everyone, showing his position in the community. look at the costumes throughout the film and what they are like when he is in control and when he is not

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)