Requirements for 'Conditional Entry'? (2 Viewers)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Hey as I have been browsing this forum I have seen quite a lot of members with custom status. The thing is, some of them dont have the requirements (800 or 3000 posts or woteva it is).
So if they have acquired custom status through 'conditional entry' how have they done it?
What r the consideration made?
:confused:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You either have to be a mod, have 3000 posts or have been here for bout 6 months I think....

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
actually, those who joined BEFORE december 2002, those who gain modship and those who have had 3000+ posts.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid
actually, those who joined BEFORE december 2002, those who gain modship and those who have had 3000+ posts.
+ Connections with certain Admin. ;):p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
They didn't give it to Huy, he had to earn it himself.

If you're really helpful they mod you :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
They didn't give it to Huy, he had to earn it himself.

If you're really helpful they mod you :p
yeah, but Huy was prolly offered the mod. job even though he didn't apply- so in a way he could've just asked for custom status, i don't c why the admins would've rejected. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If you bear gifts, it might also work... also Commendations from Moderators might also help. ;););)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ehehe...shh! We shall not mention that here...

Huy initially applied, then retracted his application. My point is custom status is something that just does not appear to be offered to those who haven't "earned" it. Other things like modship are, but not custom. I could be wrong though.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
....My point is custom status is something that just does not appear to be offered to those who haven't "earned" it...
lol so u think that the ppl who got 800 posts thru the NS section (i.e massacre thread) earnt it? :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You haven't noticed that the situation with Non-School has been addressed? NS posts no longer count. Those from before that measure have been accounted for by raising the requirement from 800 to 3000. Ok? :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
You haven't noticed that the situation with Non-School has been addressed? NS posts no longer count. Those from before that measure have been accounted for by raising the requirement from 800 to 3000. Ok? :p
yeah i know they've stopped counting, but i mean i could've easily reached 800posts if i had spammed in the NS section bfore (since they were allowed to keep their post counts)...and hence would've gotten custom status by spamming. :rolleyes:

Rahul

Dead Member
firstly, massacre only has about 200-300 posts for main posters, i think...
secondly, even if you had say, 150 posts from there you would be a long time away from CS
thirdly, all hail massacre
*hails massacre*

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah i know they've stopped counting, but i mean i could've easily reached 800posts if i had spammed in the NS section bfore (since they were allowed to keep their post counts)...and hence would've gotten custom status by spamming. :rolleyes:
And immediately lost it again. Back then spamming was more tightly controlled, even in NS. If you reached 800 posts the admins would have already checked up on you to see if you're just spamming. If you weren't saying anything useful in your 800 they reset your count to zero. Too bad that doesn't happen any more...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
And immediately lost it again. Back then spamming was more tightly controlled, even in NS. If you reached 800 posts the admins would have already checked up on you to see if you're just spamming. If you weren't saying anything useful in your 800 they reset your count to zero. Too bad that doesn't happen any more...

lol so true. *looks at flyin'* :D

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
When did you go to sleep? I drew the line at 0400, since that's when my dad gets up to go to work.

And the admins don't usually take action against mods, because we know where the lines are. Telling us something is wrong is usually the most extreme thing they need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)