reseach assignment vs. elective (1 Viewer)

aerialsprite

I heard a rumour going around school that if students do the elective, their marks get scaled up, while students doing the project don't get the scaling benefit. Is this true?

Vortex

!
HSC
This is what i think:

I'm not sure about your school's policy so your how your school wants to scale your marks will be determined by your school.

I'm pretty sure that for the external assessment i.e. the actual HSC, the raw marks for what you get for your elective or project are just added to the mark you got for the core and then scaled irrespective of whether you did elective or project.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
the thing is, students tend to do a bit better in the project than the elective.Well that was the case in my year... hmm...
For the top students, it doesn't really make a big difference, but if ur not an uber-ag student, you're better off doing project.

Bundybabe

whatever u get for ur project/elective is added to ur exam
eg if one person got 55 in their project and 70 in their exam theyd get 125, if another person got 55 in their elective and 70 in their exam theyd get 125. wot u choose depends on wether u feel u do better in exams or reasearch projects

leumas

the general reccomendation from my teacher was unless you have a really good idea for the project that you'd be motivated to achieve and can easily get resources, etc for - then it'd prolly be better doing the electives.

Id be interested to hear about some of the things people are doing for their projects though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)