Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

JimJam...1

HSC
the only place for an out of town post catholic school kid like myself... john's haha,
mine and my mates dads all went there so i dunno, felt obliged, pauls sounded good to but haha
im sooo excited
time to get drunk?

shes_jinxed

HSC
dagwoman said:
For those at Women's (or anyone who is familiar with the rooms), do they have mirrors in the wardrobes?

I know that sounds vain, but I just want to know for crap like plucking my eyebrows or doing my hair last minute.
I dont know about womens
at johns it was kinda luck of the draw i had a huge one on my wall my friend, a tiny one in her wardrobe

so if you want to know what you look like hit up a reject store or hardware and either get a full length mirror or my friend got sticky mirror tiles she stuck on her wardrobe so she made a big mirror in there which was cool and worked out

madwoman

HSC
hiya!

I'm a country girl who went to a non-boarding public school in sydney (read: i don't know anyone on campus). I've been accepted into Wesley, and I'd looove to know stuff about it because I'm terrified about uni and college.

I'm only 17 and I dont drink - will there be anything for me to do?!

I'm sharing a room as well, so I'm a bit nervous about that - any tips for sharing??

Also, do you have to do anything around the college, like cleaning and helping with meals?

You guys have been so helpful to everyone so far, thanking you in advance. :)

madwoman.

shes_jinxed

HSC
madwoman said:
hiya!

I'm a country girl who went to a non-boarding public school in sydney (read: i don't know anyone on campus). I've been accepted into Wesley, and I'd looove to know stuff about it because I'm terrified about uni and college.

I'm only 17 and I dont drink - will there be anything for me to do?!

I'm sharing a room as well, so I'm a bit nervous about that - any tips for sharing??

Also, do you have to do anything around the college, like cleaning and helping with meals?

You guys have been so helpful to everyone so far, thanking you in advance. :)

madwoman.
In oweek they organise things for baby fresh because you cant go to everything but theres still plenty of ppl to meet etc

college has cleaning and catered meals

Sharing will be fun remember college is selective so they pick ppl they want to have there, my friend shared at wesley last year and had a lovely room mate. Plus its like immediately you have someone to look out for u and get to know fast. I went to boarding school but i was still terrified on the day i moved into college but youll settle really fast.
good luck

madwoman

HSC
Thanks!

I can't wait till I'm a grownup uni student like you guys so I can help the freshers out too. :)

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I'm so excited about moving in. I just want it to hurry up and be Feb 27th.

Btw, how are you guys packing up all your stuff? Boxes or what?

shes_jinxed

HSC
madwoman said:
Thanks!

I can't wait till I'm a grownup uni student like you guys
hahah im the most immature person i know

dagwoman said:
I'm so excited about moving in. I just want it to hurry up and be Feb 27th.

Btw, how are you guys packing up all your stuff? Boxes or what?
I cant wait either im working in oweek on campus so hopefully theyll let me move back in which would be great because i cant handel being at home anymore

Pack the way that is easiest for you i take suitcases with wheels but youre from syd right? so you dont need to take your entire life with you on your first day, moving in is stress enough without having 5000 boxes
I seem to arrive with 3 suitcases and some stuff and leave with 8 you gain a lot of crap throughout the semester

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
At the moment I'm using those big zip up plasticy/nylon bags from chinatown, and they seem to work okay. You're right, I am from Sydney, Annandale in fact. I'm waking mum up at 6.30 on move-in day (move-in is from 7am on) to drive me there with all my crap in the boot.

JimJam...1

HSC
she's jinxed do you know when they sent you the handbook for johns and stuff last year? how do you find out if your sharing? because i ticked that but do they let you know?

hsc=suicide

HSC
27th!! i have to move it to the ones in melbourne on the 17th! a got a friend going to johns. his name is adam onley. he's albino. and is hitlers love child. call him princess, please?

mishyma

HSC
shes_jinxed said:
hahah im the most immature person i know

I cant wait either im working in oweek on campus so hopefully theyll let me move back in which would be great because i cant handel being at home anymore

Pack the way that is easiest for you i take suitcases with wheels but youre from syd right? so you dont need to take your entire life with you on your first day, moving in is stress enough without having 5000 boxes
I seem to arrive with 3 suitcases and some stuff and leave with 8 you gain a lot of crap throughout the semester
3 suitcases? i was thinking 1 giant storage box lol my computer n that was it ... lol..
im going back every weekend tho. :O

Just wondering .. moving in at sancta.. the driveway is sorta small.. how does it handle that many cars comming in?

jessied

HSC
mishyma said:
3 suitcases? i was thinking 1 giant storage box lol my computer n that was it ... lol..
im going back every weekend tho. :O

Just wondering .. moving in at sancta.. the driveway is sorta small.. how does it handle that many cars comming in?
Haha, all my stuff barely fits into my car let alone one storage box!

You'll find that people move in over different times (and days) so the driveway isn't a massive issue. You just park in the carpark or out on the johns oval. Also some people move their stuff in before they move back in. What day are the freshers moving in?? There's a few sophs and seniors (including myself) moving back in on the 24th and 25th of Feb and everyone else moves in on about the 3rd and 4th of March.

shes_jinxed

HSC
JimJam...1 said:
she's jinxed do you know when they sent you the handbook for johns and stuff last year? how do you find out if your sharing? because i ticked that but do they let you know?
I cant remember when i got all my stuff late tho i remember that, Johns is very unorganised funily enough tho they managed to send my bill on time wooo so I am back assuming my dad doesnt dog me on the payment lol

When they send you out all your stuff it will say what room you are in and theres a map etc, so in that little package of excitiment lol im sure theyll mention if you are sharing, if it doesnt if your room is on fresher corridoor third floor right in the the middle above the hall your sharing
like i said before ignore pretty much everything in the handbook rules are bullshit but apparently they are cracking down on alcohol but we all reckon its scare tatics who knows

walrusbear

HSC
that handbook always makes the place look dreadful strict and boring. thankfully it's not the case

and i'd be amazed if johns ever successfully cracked down on anything - let alone alcohol consumption

JimJam...1

HSC
so when i move in thats the room i stay in? like when you guys get back do you get to pick where you want to stay and kick us poor little freshers out? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)