Residential Colleges... (1 Viewer)

HSC
How hard is it to get into St Pauls? UAI? Sport? Cult-cha?

well GENERALLY you will need a UAI of over 95 and some strong extra curricular (sport, debating, music etc.). but obviously there are discrepancies, e.g. an exceptional sportsman can get in with a UAI of 90, and someone who got over 99 might get in even if they dont offer much. Living overseas or rurally will help you quite a bit

you have to realise there at hundreds of applications each year and we only had 45 accepted this year.

but the person in charge of applications is leaving at the end of the year so things may change a little

S.M.R.

HSC
well GENERALLY you will need a UAI of over 95 and some strong extra curricular (sport, debating, music etc.). but obviously there are discrepancies, e.g. an exceptional sportsman can get in with a UAI of 90, and someone who got over 99 might get in even if they dont offer much. Living overseas or rurally will help you quite a bit

you have to realise there at hundreds of applications each year and we only had 45 accepted this year.

but the person in charge of applications is leaving at the end of the year so things may change a little
Thanks, so do u think being school captain, dux yr 11 (tba yr 12), living far north coast nsw, top of 1/2 my subjects, regional cross country, gold duke of edinburgh could get in? (trying to do some rowing and debating term 3 as well)

HSC
Thanks, so do u think being school captain, dux yr 11 (tba yr 12), living far north coast nsw, top of 1/2 my subjects, regional cross country, gold duke of edinburgh could get in? (trying to do some rowing and debating term 3 as well)
i'd imagine you'd be in with a pretty good shot. Gold DOE always looks good

make sure you apply early.

S.M.R.

HSC
i'd imagine you'd be in with a pretty good shot. Gold DOE always looks good

make sure you apply early.
Thanks for your help - if you don't mind me asking, what UAI/ co-curriculars got you a place? - Thanks in advance :wave:

Missy.15

HSC
Hey
I really need help!
They dont give out much information on colleges at Usyd at my school but i really want to go to Usyd and the colleges look great!
I go to a rural school and not really involved in many community activities.
I am thinking about taking a gap year so will i need to apply for a college now??? or next year??
Im not the smartest person either, are colleges at Usyd only focussed on students that get a UAI of 90+?
would it be a benefit if i start doing more things for my community?
What things do you rekon will help me get into a college at Usyd?

Thanks anyone that can help!

HSC
Hey
I really need help!
They dont give out much information on colleges at Usyd at my school but i really want to go to Usyd and the colleges look great!
I go to a rural school and not really involved in many community activities.
I am thinking about taking a gap year so will i need to apply for a college now??? or next year??
Im not the smartest person either, are colleges at Usyd only focussed on students that get a UAI of 90+?
would it be a benefit if i start doing more things for my community?
What things do you rekon will help me get into a college at Usyd?

Thanks anyone that can help!
even if you're going on Gap, apply this year.

the colleges are pretty tight on applications, but if you get into Usyd and live rurally then that's a positive for them. for girls, Womens and Drews are really competitive for places, uai's in the 90's pretty much a given. Johns, Wesley and Sancta aren't as tough to get into, you may be better off applying to each of them. any little thing you can do in school or within the community can help when you write your application letter

HSC
Thanks for your help - if you don't mind me asking, what UAI/ co-curriculars got you a place? - Thanks in advance :wave:
got a UAI of 95.00 , played a couple of years of 1st XI cricket at Shore School, and they really reeeally like Shore and Kings boys at Pauls. also got picked in the combined GPS cricket team ( pauls were short of cricketers this year for the Rawson Cup which helped me). apart from that i did the usual stuff like debating, rugby, cadets, school newsletter etc and live over an hour away from Uni. oh and had a grandfather and other relatives go to pauls.

its really not much when you look at some of the other fresh, i was pretty lucky to get a spot.

what sort of uai do you reckon you're looking at

Missy.15

HSC
even if you're going on Gap, apply this year.

the colleges are pretty tight on applications, but if you get into Usyd and live rurally then that's a positive for them. for girls, Womens and Drews are really competitive for places, uai's in the 90's pretty much a given. Johns, Wesley and Sancta aren't as tough to get into, you may be better off applying to each of them. any little thing you can do in school or within the community can help when you write your application letter
Hey thanks,

What happens to the people that get into a college, but dont get into Usyd?

izzy88

HSC
Hey thanks,

What happens to the people that get into a college, but dont get into Usyd?
you have to go usyd to go to the colleges (well women's at least). womens generally doesn't give out spots until university offers come out, however even if they do offer you a spot before this time it's conditional on going to sydney uni. So if you don't go to sydney uni, you don't go to a sydney uni college. Well i haven't heard of something to the contrary.

HSC
you have to go usyd to go to the colleges (well women's at least). womens generally doesn't give out spots until university offers come out, however even if they do offer you a spot before this time it's conditional on going to sydney uni. So if you don't go to sydney uni, you don't go to a sydney uni college. Well i haven't heard of something to the contrary.

actually there are a few womens fresh that go to UTS, so you don't have to go to usyd

S.M.R.

HSC
got a UAI of 95.00 , played a couple of years of 1st XI cricket at Shore School, and they really reeeally like Shore and Kings boys at Pauls. also got picked in the combined GPS cricket team ( pauls were short of cricketers this year for the Rawson Cup which helped me). apart from that i did the usual stuff like debating, rugby, cadets, school newsletter etc and live over an hour away from Uni. oh and had a grandfather and other relatives go to pauls.

its really not much when you look at some of the other fresh, i was pretty lucky to get a spot.

what sort of uai do you reckon you're looking at
Thanks inspector, I would be hoping to get 90s. Do Pauls give offers during interviews or do you have to wait until offer from Usyd?

rx34

HSC
Has anyone applied for college and got interviews yet? I just got interviewed and was thinking of applying to drews but figured it's way too late.

bio_nut

HSC
I applied for Women's. Got interviewed and offered a place back in November.

Going into 2nd year though.

rx34

HSC
I applied for Women's. Got interviewed and offered a place back in November.

Going into 2nd year though.
Hey bio_nut, congrats. How much are your fees a month? I just got a conditional offer from college too. I can't remember the price, it's about $420+ a week. I'm also going into second year. Are you going to participate in O Week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)