Resignation Letter (1 Viewer)

mitch179

HSC
Hey guys,

Well, long story short, I've been at my current employer for nearly 2 and a half years, and due to some personal circumstances, I need to resign. I just need a few months to sort some stuff out. I'm also finding it hard to stomach that place at the moment, there's a few fellow employees I'm having issues with, but basically, I just need to leave.. at least for a little while.

I just need some help writing my resignation. I obviously want to state that I resign, and why. I also want to thank them for the opportunity they gave me and say that I enjoyed myself. But the last thing I wanna say is something about them considering me again in the future, should I ever need to go back there. I've been a good employee, and I don't want to burn any bridges. Plus, I might be able to get a reference from them for future jobs post-uni and all.

Anyway, how would I go about wording that last bit? I've never had to write one before, so this is all new to me.

Thanks guys in advance.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
have you thought about perhaps asking for unpaid leave?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
i didnt ask them to consider me again. coz i dont want ever wanna go back there.
but they said it themselves they wouldn't mind if i came back and would work around me, saying i could get part time or something

mitch179

HSC
have you thought about perhaps asking for unpaid leave?
Well I would. I've got 2 weeks of that coming up next Monday. But part of that is a holiday overseas. Then after I come back, I do need to sort stuff out. I know that you can only go a maximum of 3 months without working before your record is automatically removed from payroll at my employer, and I'm probably going to need more than that.

It's easier on both myself, and them, that I just resign.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)