Resources for urban dynamics case study of LONDON. (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
Our class has to do an essay on how the urban dynamics in the london docklands and thames gateway and why etc.. and GOD it is going to be boring. anyway, can you suggest any resources? anything would be helpful, give me as much as you can. thanks!

fakingtheday

HSC
We did London and i had a huge assignment all on docklands and London in general. The most obvious one to talk about it the urban decay resulting in urban renewal and thus a change in the socio-economic character and culture of place in the area.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Argonaut said:
Most schools do Sydney/other state capitals because they're not antipodean (if you don't know what that means, why are you doing Geography?).
For those of us who arent as cool or as intellectual as the humble (read "arrogant") argonaut:

antipodean

adj : relating to the antipodes or situated at opposite sides of the earth; "antodpodean latitudes"; "antipodal regions of the earth"; "antipodal points on a sphere" [syn: antipodal]

Basically he means "On the other side of the world"

zOMG! You're so smart Argo!

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
BlackDragon said:
Our class has to do an essay on how the urban dynamics in the london docklands and thames gateway and why etc.. and GOD it is going to be boring. anyway, can you suggest any resources? anything would be helpful, give me as much as you can. thanks!
i seem to recall a rather good case study on urban decay and renewal in the east end docklands and isle of dogs on the bos resources section of this site. although it fits under the local suburb/town case study it might be of some use.

BlackDragon

HSC
"You can't expect us to be able to help if we don't know what you need help with."
here's the exact question:
"Analyse and assess the results of the changing urban dynamics of the London Docklands between 1980 and 2000 and the thames gateway to the present"

HSC
In that case, focus on the results (culture of place, economic character, sustainability etc.) of the urban dynamics (probably urban decay/renewal amongst others). I'd probably give a bit of background to the urban dynamics (ie: how they occurred, what happened) but i'd spend a lot of time talking about the change, comparing statistics, photos, etc.

as for resources try:

http://www.asknow.gov.au/ (as a librarian for help)

OR

http://www.nla.gov.au/infoserv/rf_form.html (send the question in to the national library of Australia and they'll send u back some useful links. this helped me to get through quite a few assignments...u need to allow a few days though)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
The_highwayman said:
In that case, focus on the results (culture of place, economic character, sustainability etc.) of the urban dynamics (probably urban decay/renewal amongst others). I'd probably give a bit of background to the urban dynamics (ie: how they occurred, what happened) but i'd spend a lot of time talking about the change, comparing statistics, photos, etc.

as for resources try:

http://www.asknow.gov.au/ (as a librarian for help)

OR

http://www.nla.gov.au/infoserv/rf_form.html (send the question in to the national library of Australia and they'll send u back some useful links. this helped me to get through quite a few assignments...u need to allow a few days though)
ahh...highwayman comes to the rescue for those languishing in geographical turmoil once again.
btw wat did u get for geo. high band 6 i would expect?

HSC
i only help out because i love geography. Not to make people think i'm some sort of hero.

But seriously, those "ask a librarian" websites are great. Most state libraries have a similar sort of thing but i wouldnt recommend the NSW state library site. I tried them once and they sent me back a message saying "We cannot help students with school assignments" (or something like that) and i was like "DAMN YOU MR. BOS!"

and yes. i got a 6.

How's the assignment coming along BlackDragon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)