Respresentation Task - Frontline (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have an assessment task which is a representation task on Frontline.

I am supposed to chose texts which provide a variety of representations of that event, personality or situation. These texts are to be drawn from a variety of sources, in a range of genres and media.

I have chosen the event about Saleh Jamal, the sydney man who fled Australia to go to Lebanon while awating trial over a police station attack (in Lakemba)

I have the information l need but l have gotten most of my information from newspapers. I am also going to get information from news programs, but l was wondering if there is anywhere else l can get information from.

Also the elective is Telling The Truth. Does this mean that l have to get two articles on the same situation but they have to be different, thus the whole telling the truth aspect?

Or are they allowed to be the same in detail, personal response of the writer etc?

Thanks for your help.

ALSO - Do the supplementary texts have to link to the issues in frontline exactly? I have used this issue about Saleh Jamal on the basis of the truth about why he left, why he did what he did etc.

Is this alright or should l start over?

Last edited:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Hmm, try an internet search for more information - you may be able to find writeups on online journals, which may or may not have a different spiel to newspapers. Of course an interview with Jamal or something would be great, but unlikely :)

You'll want to find articles which reflect different (not necessarily opposing) sides of the story, yes. Two texts with similar content or a similar bias will not be very useful when you come to dissecting them. :)

No, you don't have to link them to the frontline stories, although you could (and should, if they exist) relate consequences - of misrepresentating the truth, of creating the appearance of truth (verisimilitude, or something) etc.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Misturi
I have an assessment task which is a representation task on Frontline.

I am supposed to chose texts which provide a variety of representations of that event, personality or situation. These texts are to be drawn from a variety of sources, in a range of genres and media.

I have chosen the event about Saleh Jamal, the sydney man who fled Australia to go to Lebanon while awating trial over a police station attack (in Lakemba)

I have the information l need but l have gotten most of my information from newspapers. I am also going to get information from news programs, but l was wondering if there is anywhere else l can get information from.

Also the elective is Telling The Truth. Does this mean that l have to get two articles on the same situation but they have to be different, thus the whole telling the truth aspect?

Or are they allowed to be the same in detail, personal response of the writer etc?

Thanks for your help.

ALSO - Do the supplementary texts have to link to the issues in frontline exactly? I have used this issue about Saleh Jamal on the basis of the truth about why he left, why he did what he did etc.

Is this alright or should l start over?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I never knew that Frontline REQUIRED sup texts!! :eek: this is a big shock....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Thank you so much anti!

You have been a great help.

I'm not worrying so much now :)

Teoh

Yeah
You could also do techniques of reporting the 'truth'
I.e. If there's sensationalism in the reports you have about the Lakemba thing, you could relate it to 'The Siege'

Yeah...hah

jessy4aidan

HSC
haha, this is funny
i go to mamre christian college now.
n im doin this same task lol...
due in 2 days..
neways so they r still usin the same old assignments lol
thats mamre 4 ya lol

sarat

HSC
hey....okay we have this task to write a feature article on "truths in media..." using frontline and an ORT...but i need a title for my article??? anyone have any good suggestions 4 me????:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)