Results Discussion (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Re: Marks Are Out

melsc said:
Why would they bother loading non-current results and results that hadn't been checked by the academic senate and why then are they now being processed if they weren't ready yesterday!
Exactly my thoughts. >S

HSC
"Dear FIN 310 student,Official exam results will be released on midnight, Tuesday 15 July. This email has been sent to advise you that an error occurred when processing the FIN 310 results, and as a result a number of incorrect grades have been uploaded. This error was picked up during a routine audit.The corrected SNGs and grades will be entered on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.Please be reassured that the majority of changes that need to be made will result in a higher rather than a lower SNG. The corrected SNGs will not result in any student's grade changing from a Pass to a Fail. Please check your results again on Wednesday afternoon. Regards,Helen"

lawl, wut?

DennyCrane

HSC
I'm not sure if this has been established already, if so i apologize, but i think the marks that were given out were final exam marks and not our final grade marks. Because for stat the mark that was dished out was 59 which means that in the final i would have got 46ish if that 59 was to be the final grade mark. And so i would failed, so i would have got F instead of a P. So i think the marks that were given out were most likely the final exam marks, not sure if they were the raw or scaled marks, or that statement from the chief operations officer was correct and the IT dudes are messing with our minds, or testing their servers.

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
Yeah I wanna know what the hell is going on too.

I mean, when the results were out few days ago, my results for BUSL250 was 68 credit. but this semester we had a take-home-exam worth 50 marks. if what we've seen were our final exam marks...does that mean i got 68/50??

THis is just my opinion..but what I think is that what we've seen were our real results, and the uni is just trying to cover up their mistakes by telling us those were some mixed up old weird results. of course, at this stage I could be wrong..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I know what you guys CAN do.

Wait till they're actually released! :O

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
AsyLum said:
I know what you guys CAN do.

Wait till they're actually released! :O
lol i hate u mike... i was thinking u had a link or some kind of hacker thing to get into results but no.... :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
lol i hate u mike... i was thinking u had a link or some kind of hacker thing to get into results but no.... :(
Haha, i've been particularly shitty ever since my 3 hour meeting on a friday afternoon and getting told that i'll have to co-ordinate/design/migrate and manage the Faculty of Arts' movement from their current web location to the new CMS...all during my thesis writing!

Fucking amazing.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Haha, i've been particularly shitty ever since my 3 hour meeting on a friday afternoon and getting told that i'll have to co-ordinate/design/migrate and manage the Faculty of Arts' movement from their current web location to the new CMS...all during my thesis writing!

Fucking amazing.
Two words: Part time.

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
Oh come on - you know if Mike had really found a way to hack into the results he'd have started sending us shifty adverts for it already... ;) :p

Part time is gold. I couldn't imagine doing more than two subjects a semester now.

DennyCrane

HSC
Do any of you guys know whether you can do BCom/LLB and not do a major within commerce. Like i don't want to focus only on say marketing or accounting or economics i kinda want to do a general commerce degree like a science or arts degree. Do you know whether that is possible. I know this isnt the thread to ask this but its prob the only active thread within the mac part of BOS forums.

Thanks guys.

X

xeuyrawp

DennyCrane said:
Do any of you guys know whether you can do BCom/LLB and not do a major within commerce. Like i don't want to focus only on say marketing or accounting or economics i kinda want to do a general commerce degree like a science or arts degree. Do you know whether that is possible. I know this isnt the thread to ask this but its prob the only active thread within the mac part of BOS forums.

Thanks guys.
You have to have a "major" (usually called a program of study) in a degree to graduate. If you need more help, make a new thread.

hannahxxx

HSC
mannnn....I can't BELIEVE I didnt look at this thread earlier. I could've gotten them early :( Tss

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
DennyCrane said:
I'm not sure if this has been established already, if so i apologize, but i think the marks that were given out were final exam marks and not our final grade marks. Because for stat the mark that was dished out was 59 which means that in the final i would have got 46ish if that 59 was to be the final grade mark. And so i would failed, so i would have got F instead of a P. So i think the marks that were given out were most likely the final exam marks, not sure if they were the raw or scaled marks, or that statement from the chief operations officer was correct and the IT dudes are messing with our minds, or testing their servers.
I got one of my final exam marks and it didn't match what I saw on the site.

I think they're just covering themselves incase a lecturer did upload non-current marks (because they have the right to change them until release date).

I loled as well, 'a non-macquarie site' lol go Macquarie Freak.

X

xeuyrawp

DennyCrane said:
I'd like to think that's the case - in which case my Credit for German will be a Distinction, but I don't think it is...

We'll see. *shrug*

Monstar

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I'd like to think that's the case - in which case my Credit for German will be a Distinction, but I don't think it is...

We'll see. *shrug*

i really doubt that they're final exam marks.. as someone said before, BUSl250 exam was out of 50.. and i got 65.. and ACST101 exam was out of 70.. and a few of my friends got 69, 67.. i mean they're good but not that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)