Results Discusssion (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
2009 First Half Year LAW 405 Remedies I Incomplete 4
2009 First Half Year LAW 438 Access to Justice Placement Pr 82 D Distinction 4
2009 First Half Year LAW 521 Health Law and Ethics 73 CR Credit 4

I dont get why Remedies is incomplete because I handed my essay in two days early?

mserica

HSC
graduating too?

lets dance

look at our pants

everybody dance!

Yep, I am graduating FINALLY as a part time student it feels like i have been waiting a while for this day. Major bummer that i dont get to go to graduation though :(, I was kind of looking forward to that!

mserica

HSC
Re: Results Discusssion - Results so far and predictions

wow nice work!

Cr for psy104
Cr for stat (was hoping for D :( )
P for bbe 100
P for Hist115

Soon my friend you will adopt the attitude of P's= Degrees, your marks are fine, it means you dont have to go back and do it again!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
law521 - health law: Should be 73%
marks:
8/10 - cp
21/30 - group work
21/30 - mid sem essay
23/30 - final
= 73/100 (should be final mark unless scalling)

law405 - remedies - hopefully d possibly c
19.5/20 - cp
30/40 - mid sem assignment
?/40 - final

law438 - practicing in the public interest - d 82%(should be unless scaled)
38/40 - reflective report
48/60 - final

mainly waiting on remedies and to see if the others are scalled
law512 = 73% c
law438 = 82% d
law405 = 77% d

Begbie4017

HSC
I got a distinction for Critical thinking ...I dropped that unit last year after 3 weeks cause I didn't get it....now it is best mark of my whole degree!!!
I am so retarded sometimes!!

Credit for Audiology (expected)
Pass for Cognitive psy246 (happy happy joy joy)

yay!!! so roll on final semester of undergrad!!!

Congratulations to those graduating..:)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Predicted
LAW204: CP
LAW208: P
PSY234: P
PSY248: F
Actual results
LAW204: P (61)
LAW208: D (80)
PSY234: Cr (68)
PSY248: P (59)
...yay!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I emailed the academic who gave me my mark, she said there was "there was a minor glitch and the mark was not transferred to the master list in time for examiners meeting"...apparently?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I emailed the academic who gave me my mark, she said there was "there was a minor glitch and the mark was not transferred to the master list in time for examiners meeting"...apparently?
Well done on your marks. How did you find remedies? I'm thinking of doing it (mostly because I can fit it into my timetable). And what was health law like?

macca1819

HSC
ABST 100: 66 - Credit.
CUL 101: 65 - Credit.
MAS 104: 62 - Pass.

I expected the first two, but I thought I was going to get like 45 for MAS, so I am so relieved and happy. My overall marsk aren't great, but I'm just so happy about passing MAS.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well done on your marks. How did you find remedies? I'm thinking of doing it (mostly because I can fit it into my timetable). And what was health law like?
Remedies is boring but they were reasonable flexible with assessment. As the first assessment was a hypothetical you could then choose between an essay or hypo for the final which was nice (take-home). Class participation marks were generous. Unfortunately they gave tiny word limits and insisted it was possible to correctly use IRAC and identify all relevant issues (I don't think anyone did) and they marked very slowly but that was the same for all my law units so yeah. Its not the best subject but having class participation out of 20 helps you gain some marks as well as allowing your to play to your strengths.

Health Law Health Law was incredibly interesting and I loved it however some ways that the course was structured made it difficult. While the assessment was well divided to all people to make up marks if they bomb in a single assessment (10% CP, 30% Group work, 30% optional mid sem 30%/60% final) allocating that much to group work was difficult as I found it reduced my expected marks as I had to rely on the work of others. Granted he did give 1 hr of 3 tutes to work on it.

The optional mid sem assessment was great for me as it allowed me to take some pressure of the final (as I had remedies due on the same day and access to justice's 4500 words due two weeks before) BUT the marking was slow and no one got marks until after the final which was unfortunate. However George is thinking of making this compulsary as like 2/3rds of the course did it anyway.

The final was good, it spans over the unit and he released it early, he is thinking of releasing it at the beginning of the unit next time as its one of those "what have you learnt blah blah questions"

Its abit theoretical but you tackle relevant issues like abortion, infectious disease, privacy, euthanasia, consent etc!

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
ACCG100 - Cr
ECON110 - Cr
STAT170 - Cr
ISYS123 - P

Meh, relieved overall.

hallelujah.

HSC
sorry if this is a silly question (i'm a first year:eek:) but do we actually get our exam marks back?

hallelujah.

HSC
As a general rule, no. You can sort of guesstimate them from your final mark though.
Thanks, I've done that but i'm still a little puzzled bc I did really well all year and it seems i muddled up the exam big time, which is odd because it was the one exam i was confident with! I guess I'm worried it was added up wrong or something but its not a big deal, I still passed!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I've done that but i'm still a little puzzled bc I did really well all year and it seems i muddled up the exam big time, which is odd because it was the one exam i was confident with! I guess I'm worried it was added up wrong or something but its not a big deal, I still passed!
you can view your exam script if you want, that might help you out...

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
damnnn i think im graduating yet i havent filled out anything, so not sure....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)