Resume help? (1 Viewer)

M'broughRockz

HSC
for a person getting his first proper part-time job, with no experience. What kind of resume and wat format should i use??

get_born

If you have microsoft word, just use Resume Wizard. And with ne experience just get references from teachers or prncipal and son on. But its hard to believe you havent had experience, since nearly everyone does work experience in year 10.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
same, i was so pissed off with my school for not allowing us to be exposed to work experience. i went and did it myself. idiots.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
M'broughRockz said:
for a person getting his first proper part-time job, with no experience. What kind of resume and wat format should i use??

I can help you do your resume. put up your resume if you want and people can help you.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
M'broughRockz said:
Depending on where ur intending on working, u might not even need a resume, neverthless u prolly will need one, however if ur leaning towards the fast food industry they usualy wouldnt even ask for a resume.

When i got my first job (at pizza hut) they asked for my school report, and just had a simple interview asking questions like;

why do u want to work here?
what would make u leave?
how long do u intend on working here?
Do u mind doing dishes? (lol that was a funny one, dun know, i suppose they expect most guys to say no!...Doing the dishes was the easiest job, watching everyone else panick trying to get 10 pizzas made in 8 minutes was fun, of course only when it wasnt me making the pizzas)

Anyways just thought i might point that out!
Although I assume ur not intending on working in the fast food indiustry... meh!

For ur resume basicaly include:

-personal details(name, address, phone number etc...)

- Carrer Objective: (example) To gain employment in this company and be able to expand my skills and attain other qualifications that your company has to offer.

-Education ( Yrs of school u completed..etc.)

- Academic achievements (certificates, DUX, NSW competition certificates..etc)

-Extra curricular activities (Debating, activities that come with a leading role (School Captain, Vice Captian, Prefect, SRC member..etc) ... charity...etc)

-Employment History (but u cant fill this in obviously)

- Personal qualities

-Hobbies/interests

Nothing too complicated!

Last edited:

Darkening

HSC
I acctually recently got a job at XQusito, i got the job application by talking directly to the manager (lucky for me she was a chick) and i was very polite and asked for a job resume and MAKE SURE S/HE GETS YOUR NAME!!! suck up!!!!

The questions they asked me were

1.Why do u wanna work here?
2.Have u had any previous jobs?
3.Can u serve custumers?
4.How often do u plan to work?
5.What hours can u work?
6.Do you know the diffrence in a taco and a nacho...

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hahaha, you know the difference between taco and nacho.....hahahah!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
you think we really need to add a career objective to a resume, even if it's for a casual weekend job? i'm gonna apply for payless shoez, but i'm not sure if i shoud have objective for a career or not? whad ya ppls think?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I will post mine as an example...i got the layout from soha...and then filled in the details myself...

Edit: The address and phone number are obviously changed.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sparkl3z said:
you think we really need to add a career objective to a resume, even if it's for a casual weekend job? i'm gonna apply for payless shoez, but i'm not sure if i shoud have objective for a career or not? whad ya ppls think?
Probably not, but it's still nice to put something simple in like.. To work in the fashion industry and gain work experience in a retail store or something to that effect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)