Ret 2004 Results (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
lol...yeah. I'm thinking of it in terms of this years year 12 cut offs rather than the university cut- offs for 2005...hehehe

I've truly lost it...see what boredom does to you. :p

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
How do you know if you did well in RET?? Also, how is it a ranking? Can somebody tell me cuz im confused!!

cheekylilhobbit

HSC
S.O.S from a clueless individual.

okay I am a total blonde when it comes to following this whole RET/STAT thing...

I'm not really understanding which one is the overall mark...Is it the bottom score just before 'stat results are reported as blah blah blah' or is it the one with overall stat score in the multiple choice results bit?

I know it's probably plain obvious, but I just dont get it...

can someone please explain it to me?

cheekylilhobbit

HSC
really? mine was a totally different set up...

it has like...my candidate number...

then it has the results in the STAT multiple choice...

then it had the results for the STAT written...

but it doesnt tell me what my overall mark from everything is !!! :(

cheekylilhobbit

HSC
so yeah...if anyone got a letter like mine and understand it and wouldn't mind explaining...i'll be here for a while thanks...

mishka

HSC
N/A
yeah i got one of these letters from UAC too!!

they give you a mark for each section between 100-200. then in the last column they have the percentile rank - eg. if you got 75th percentile you did better than 75% of the people who sat for the test.

if you did the RET/STAT you should've received a letter from UWS with a RET/STAT score. :)

a_person86

HSC
Ok whats the go? My ret result is different to my overall stat result.

I got 91 for STAT Multiple Choice, but only 80 for RET. Do they consider the written part as well? My mate said RET result was your actual result, like out of 60 put into a percentage (outa 100). Could someone rectify this for me???

mishka

HSC
N/A
the written part is included as well.

my RET result was different to my overall STAT result too!! i'm not sure exactly how they figure it out... i tried averaging my percentiles, but that didn't work... i searched UWS's website but came out with nothing...

i think the actual RET result would be more like how the UAI works - they've indicated how well you've gone in comparison to everyone else. you could always ring UWS to find out exactly how they calculate it, then enlighten us!! :D

a_person86

HSC
Yeh i was thinking that too. I fucked up the written part, so ehh.
Thanks anyway

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I got 98.5 for my Multiple choice and only 89 for my written part - i ended up with a RET of 94 (about the average).
These are all percentiles - though I'm not sure if it's just from those doing the RET or all STAT candidates. I also think that questions regarding the STAT should be made to UAC not UWS.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Zarathustra said:
I got 98.5 for my Multiple choice and only 89 for my written part - i ended up with a RET of 94
Poor you ...

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Zarathustra said:
I got 98.5 for my Multiple choice and only 89 for my written part - i ended up with a RET of 94 (about the average).
These are all percentiles - though I'm not sure if it's just from those doing the RET or all STAT candidates. I also think that questions regarding the STAT should be made to UAC not UWS.
Dude, something tells me that the average would be MUCH lower than that!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i chucked my letter somewhere after reading it lol :s

tennille

HSC
Zarathustra said:
Your rank is 94. You beat 94% of the candidates who did the test. That means you're above average. Average is 50, since the people who got 50 beat half of the people who did the test.

Last edited:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Your RET result is your ranking compared to everyone else who did the RET test.
eg 81 means you beat 80% of all people who did it. Any other results, eg separate multiple choice, written english, are your actual marks - I think.
So if you got like 98 in multiple choice and 90 in written english and a RET result of 81 (for example - i have no idea) then that means that 80% of all people got lower results in those tests than you did.
So therefore, a result higher than 50 for your RET should be good because that means you are 'beating' half the people that did the test - well thats how i look at it anyway.

Anyway how come ppl have their results?? I thought we didnt get them until we got our HSC results??? I mean i got my RET result, but it says that no individual test scores were issued until like december or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)