Retainers for teeth! (1 Viewer)

Jaydels

HSC
it is annoying...stupid teeth
hopefully they'll be better once i get my wisdom teeth out, but that won't happen til the end of the year at least

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
Jaydels said:
i had my braces off almost 3 years ago and i still have to wear them (the removable ones that is). I have the clear plastic ones on the bottom and wire at the top. I'm supposed to wear them all the time coz i have 6 wisdom teeth and they're pushing my other teeth but i only wear them at night because i can't stand them, plus i can't talk with a lump of plastic in the roof of my mouth (s becomes sh). I once protested and didnt wear them for a few months, but i was made to put them on again, but by then my teeth had moved and i had to jam them on and make my teeth move into place again........that was painful
Heh if there's one thing you don't want alot of then that is wisdom teeth, you got the whole set of 6 wisdom teeth lol, i'm lucky to only have 1 and gonna get it pulled out pretty soon.
It's a bad idea not to wear your retainers especially if you have so many wisdom teeth pushing your outer teeth out of line, once I went a day without wearing retainers and it hurts your jaw too much trying to put it back in place.

Jaydels

HSC
yeah i learnt that lesson pretty quickly
i cant get my wisdom teeth out yet coz there sitting on a major nerve that runs through your jaw

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I got my braces taken out atleast 3 years ago and still have to wear my retainers at night. My stupid dentist only told me i had to wear the retainers FOREVER once i already used the retainer for a year! And the only reason i got braces in the first place was because my other dentist pulled out my adult tooth instead of my baby one!! Now my top and bottm teeth dont line up even after the braces. I am so annoyed t dentsts!! :mad:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
HerO said:
Heh if there's one thing you don't want alot of then that is wisdom teeth, you got the whole set of 6 wisdom teeth lol, i'm lucky to only have 1 and gonna get it pulled out pretty soon.
WTF 6 wisdom teeth? there are only 4... right?

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
gloria_b said:
I got my braces taken out atleast 3 years ago and still have to wear my retainers at night. My stupid dentist only told me i had to wear the retainers FOREVER once i already used the retainer for a year! And the only reason i got braces in the first place was because my other dentist pulled out my adult tooth instead of my baby one!! Now my top and bottm teeth dont line up even after the braces. I am so annoyed t dentsts!! :mad:

Damn that sucks, how could they make a mistake of pulling out ur adult teeth!?!

Ne ways my ortho said he told me I'll also have to wear retainers for life. I mean wtf! I paid 6k for braces so that a single misaligned canine could be pulled down (otherwise there'll be large gap). My teeth are naturally aweome, it seems overkill to have to go through all this. The price to pay for good looks *sigh

And the orthos are bastards, they charge so much for < 8 min of work. My ortho sucks, the dude doesn't even wear a mask and when he breathes you can smell his foul breath :mad:

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
noneother said:
Damn that sucks, how could they make a mistake of pulling out ur adult teeth!?!

Ne ways my ortho said he told me I'll also have to wear retainers for life. I mean wtf! I paid 6k for braces so that a single misaligned canine could be pulled down (otherwise there'll be large gap). My teeth are naturally aweome, it seems overkill to have to go through all this. The price to pay for good looks *sigh

And the orthos are bastards, they charge so much for < 8 min of work. My ortho sucks, the dude doesn't even wear a mask and when he breathes you can smell his foul breath :mad:
How annyoying is it that they only tell us AFTER we've had braces that we need to wear retainers for life. I thought it'd be just 3 years at most! I wouldn't have got braces if i knew it was for life. Not only is the cost of the braces and the first set of retainers,there's the cost of new retainers if they break. Since i grind my teeth when i sleep i have already gone through my first set.

I should have just got the bridges....

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
angelduck said:
i was told that id only have to wear them for three years, does everyone have to wear them forever?
The thing is, you don't actually HAVE to wear them forever. The dentist just says they ADVISE that you do so. If you don't, your teeth will move eventually (more like within a week) and they don't take responsibility for that. :mad:

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
gloria_b said:
The thing is, you don't actually HAVE to wear them forever. The dentist just says they ADVISE that you do so. If you don't, your teeth will move eventually (more like within a week) and they don't take responsibility for that. :mad:
I think after you get your wisdom teeth pulled out then your teeth won't move as much, so after every year that passes you wear retainers less and less and after like 7-10 years you basically wear them whenever you like, maybe 2 times a week.

Evansy

HSC
timrie6 said:
no they are excellent! believe me I have them top and bottom, after a while you can't even feel them there! you never have to worry about putting your retainer in and your teeth moving again! they are heaps annoying the first few days but believe me they are wayyyyyyy better than removable retainers. they just feel like part of your teeth. give it time -a week or so
i have them too they are pretty good, i never thought i was going to get used to it but its pretty good, once u get used to them they are pretty good. i'm pretty glad i have them instead

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
HerO said:
I think after you get your wisdom teeth pulled out then your teeth won't move as much, so after every year that passes you wear retainers less and less and after like 7-10 years you basically wear them whenever you like, maybe 2 times a week.
Your teeth might still rotate though.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I got removable ones and I think I prefer them cause it means if I don't want to, I won't wear them and plus I still have the feeling of 'freedom' in my mouth. The only thing is wearing them out because you have to take them out to eat but that's why I never wear them out anymore.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I had my braces off ages ago and the ortho said i only have to wear retainers at night now (i got the plate on top and clear plastic ones on bottom) but if i leave em out for a while they dont seem to fit properly when i put them back in. Im so paranoid i wear them all the time anyway.

Oi and how annoying is it when you want to chew chewy! anyway....lol

Jaydels

HSC
my orthodontist said id only have to wear them for 6 months...and here i am still wearing them 3 years later
i once drank milk with them in-i wouldnt suggest you try it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)