Rets test Questions & answers (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
natstar said:
I think REt is only for those who live in the western suburbs. Wouldent homebush be in the west and strathfield in the inner west?
Strathfield is definately Innerwest but really I think homebush is inner west two...its really close to stratty really....hmmm but its depends on what you consider west. I know our mock trial region was western suburbs

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If entry was by determination, melsc would be the first one in!!!

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
are the postcode on that site shows which are are eligible? or not?
yeh im pretty far from any uws but im still eligble to sit the test :D

so who is going to sit for it???

no one still couldnt answer my question of how much mc ques are worth to the written essays????

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
th said:
no one still couldnt answer my question of how much mc ques are worth to the written essays????
I posted the number for the info line. Ring it and ask the uni.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
so when did u guys get a application form through the mail for RETS

klh

HSC
like about hsc time? i dunno, cant remember, i think it was before the hsc....i was surprised when i got a letter form uws (i thought i was special) but then i read the uws site and i asked my friends who got the same letter....

mun_

HSC
I always thought people living in the west got a few uai marks docked off the actual cutoff at UWS

Is that bs or was that how it used to be and this RET test has taken over?

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Yeah, I'm going to give it a go, no harm in it. As much as people in my school are against UWS to me a degree is a degree and UWS is close to home, easy to get too and a very achievable UAI cut-off for the course I want to do compared to other Unis (B Psychology, cutoff was 80.00 last year)
I'll definitely be making my way over to the open day, how about you melsc? (go to the open day that is, coz I see you're not eligible for the RET)

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Danni07 said:
Yeah, I'm going to give it a go, no harm in it. As much as people in my school are against UWS to me a degree is a degree and UWS is close to home, easy to get too and a very achievable UAI cut-off for the course I want to do compared to other Unis (B Psychology, cutoff was 80.00 last year)
I'll definitely be making my way over to the open day, how about you melsc? (go to the open day that is, coz I see you're not eligible for the RET)
Yeh I'll probably go to UWS for the same reasons as you...

I am definately going to open day :)

PaRRaZ FyNeST

HSC
still confused..

thanx to hihophorray and Gabs...u guyz helped me get heaps of info wich mah skool still hasnt told us about!!!! im still unsure about sum stuff though...i gotta get a higher RET mark instead of a hsc mark aye to du da course i wanna..like last yrz cutoff for primary teaching at da bankstown campus (i noe itz crappy) wuz 68.00....so if i get letz say.. 69 in da RET and my hsc mark wuz like 59...can i still get in???
thanx

7th Sign

HSC
I payed for the test yester day :D

Too bad I can nott make it to the open day :( my wood work assignment is due the same day :mad: and it is also my birthday :(

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
how much is the stat out of ???????????

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
soory another question do we take off the uai cut off from a course from last yrs uai or do we have to wait for the new uai cutoffs for 2006 to know if we get in

i mean as a 2005er i get
my ret result at 75
my uai was 68
and a uai cut off of 74 for B business was for offers for 2004ers
but for the uai cut off next yr it rises to 76 ???????

wat happens does uws determine ur ret from the 2005 cut offs (the ones for 2004ers main round offers)

or the cut offers for us 2005ers???

hope this makes sense to all lol

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
are u sure because the letter sent says the 2005 cutoffs ??? someone clarify

SagaciousJoru

HSC
th said:
soory another question do we take off the uai cut off from a course from last yrs uai or do we have to wait for the new uai cutoffs for 2006 to know if we get in

i mean as a 2005er i get
my ret result at 75
my uai was 68
and a uai cut off of 74 for B business was for offers for 2004ers
but for the uai cut off next yr it rises to 76 ???????

wat happens does uws determine ur ret from the 2005 cut offs (the ones for 2004ers main round offers)

or the cut offers for us 2005ers???

hope this makes sense to all lol
Perhaps if it was explained this way...

If your UAI score is within ten marks of the 2005 UAI cut-off (the cut-offs for people who finished their hsc in 2004...) then you can use your RET score for admission purposes rather than your UAI score. This means your RET score still needs to be higher than the 2006 UAI cut-off for the course (the cut-offs for people finishing their HSC this year).

So, using your numbers in my description...

my ret result at 75 (RET score)
my uai was 68 (UAI score)
and a uai cut off of 74 for B business was for offers for 2004ers (2005 UAI cut-off)
but for the uai cut off next yr it rises to 76 ??????? (2006 UAI cut-off)

Here, because your UAI score is within ten marks of the 2005 cut-off, you can use your RET score instead. But because your RET score is below the 2006 cut-off, you wouldn't get into the course. If the 2006 cut-off had been 75 or under, you would have made it into the course.

Hope this description helps!

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
SagaciousJoru said:
Perhaps if it was explained this way...

If your UAI score is within ten marks of the 2005 UAI cut-off (the cut-offs for people who finished their hsc in 2004...) then you can use your RET score for admission purposes rather than your UAI score. This means your RET score still needs to be higher than the 2006 UAI cut-off for the course (the cut-offs for people finishing their HSC this year).

So, using your numbers in my description...

my ret result at 75 (RET score)
my uai was 68 (UAI score)
and a uai cut off of 74 for B business was for offers for 2004ers (2005 UAI cut-off)
but for the uai cut off next yr it rises to 76 ??????? (2006 UAI cut-off)

Here, because your UAI score is within ten marks of the 2005 cut-off, you can use your RET score instead. But because your RET score is below the 2006 cut-off, you wouldn't get into the course. If the 2006 cut-off had been 75 or under, you would have made it into the course.

Hope this description helps!

so your saying e.g
uai cutoff for 2005 for B business is 60
and it goes up for 2006 cutoff at 80
i get a uai of 55 but a ret score of 86 ... i still get an offer to study at uws for this course

does this sound legite ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)