• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reuters: Yeah we doctor photos, what of it? (2 Viewers)

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Ugh whatever, carry on, clearly you don't see a difference between doctoring and cropping.
I do see the difference. I agree there is a difference.

I am saying that him making an error in the thread title is not a good justification for deleting the thread, and that the issue of strategic cropping is worth discussing and once people read the thread they will see that that is what he meant.

HSC
N/A
We don't really know if it was intentional or not. That's why its worth having a thread about.
It's a troll having a go at Reuters based on almost nothing. Seems to me that they focused in on where the action was in that photo: on the IDF retards hilarious facial expression.

Can anyone provide examples of other photos cropped or 'doctored' by Reuters that would give weight to such a claim?
Indeed. I very much doubt that. What possible political agenda could Reuters have? What benefit would it serve?

EDIT: I too think that all threads are good threads and that locking threads is about the worst and dumbest thing a mod could do - especially when she creates barely any threads herself.

Lipin

HSC
I know it wasn't doctoring but it was deceitful editing nonetheless. I think it was intentional, maybe the specific editor who did it is a sympathizer to Hamas/the attempted murder of IDF soldiers etc. and the intention was to further promote the myth that all on board were peace activists and humanitarians. Important details were cropped out.

We don't really know if it was intentional or not. That's why its worth having a thread about.

Can anyone provide examples of other photos cropped or 'doctored' by Reuters that would give weight to such a claim?
Adnan Hajj photographs controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HSC
N/A
The wiki article, from what i read (i skimmed it), blamed the photographer and not reuters.

and the photo you provided shows the knife handle down the bottom. it is edited out because it is not the focus of that shot - the facial expression on the mentally handicapped soldier is the focus.

HSC
N/A
kinda funny how the picture on that ziyon website has cropped its image more than the one you posted here - the one from reuters

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)