• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

revising prelim stuff (1 Viewer)

IceBreaker

HSC
is anybody here actually going to revise prelim stuff for 1/2 yrly and your actual HSC exam?

Khypheneight

HSC
Maths!!!

Yeah, I might cuz my teacher said that they could include atleast 30% of the prelim in the HSC, you never know... just don't spend too much time on it...

PC

HSC
N/A
The best thing to do is find out exactly what is in your Half-Yearly exam. If you think about it, you've done alot more preliminary course work than HSC course work when you do your half-yearly, so there just might be a bit more prelim course material than you expect.

malkin86

HSC
I'd try and focus more on the stuff you did in Prelim but won't touch again in the HSC course - anything that is built on, they will use the HSC-level version of, but the stuff that you learned, but didn't touch again will be more than likely to trip you up. Check the syllabi, but IIRC, capture-recapture is one likely suspect from prelim.

jabbott

HSC
I sat the general maths hsc last year and only did the year 12 course at school. I didn't do the prelim because i was doing 2u maths. I went over all the prelim work and made sure that i could do it as it can and usually will appear in some questions in the HSC. It would be a stupid way to lose a few marks in the HSC just because you weren't bothered to check over the prelim stuff.

HSC 04 - DA list general maths
UAI 92.75
B Health Science (Nutrition) QUT

IceBreaker said:
is anybody here actually going to revise prelim stuff for 1/2 yrly and your actual HSC exam?

poison_girl

Central Coast (Would rather be in Finland)
HSC
N/A
Prelim

My teacher gave me a whole stack of prelim notes, and told our class that in order to acheive approx. band 5 it is essential to study past papers AND prelim notes...i've been doing both, as well as using the HSC EXCEL book......notice it contains prelim work as well.....Isn't it funny how formulas which worked last year dont work this year???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)