• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Revison Books: Which I Better? Excel vs Macquarie vs Other (1 Viewer)

Sofee

HSC
Hey, i was thinking about buying some of those HSC revision, study guide books and i was wondering if anyone has any advice on which are the most useful. Some have said the excel ones are good, others say its crap, and some say the macquarie ones are good aswell, and that what my teacher works out of for biology and she says its useful.
So any advice would be much appraciated, as i dont want to order and buy books that aren't what im looking for and are completly useless
Thanks

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Sofee said:
Hey, i was thinking about buying some of those HSC revision, study guide books and i was wondering if anyone has any advice on which are the most useful. Some have said the excel ones are good, others say its crap, and some say the macquarie ones are good aswell, and that what my teacher works out of for biology and she says its useful.
So any advice would be much appraciated, as i dont want to order and buy books that aren't what im looking for and are completly useless
Thanks
i reckon Macquaire is much better then excel. excel to me is too brief and a lot of the information is crammed together, but excel maths has the best examples.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Excel maths illustrates its examples very well, most of the other excel books aren't so good, particularly chemistry. Macquarie is good overall from all its textbooks I've had a look at.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
umm, jacaranda text books are pretty good as well.
excel study guides are good for maths as others have stated. especially the worked solutions ones. some also have study cards as well.. !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)