Revue Season 2007 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hey all,

For those of you unfamiliary with the notion of a revue is here is an explanation from good ole wikipedia itself:

"...revue features comedy sketches, songs and videos written and performed by students, usually commenting satirically on current affairs, dating and student life."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Sydney_Revues

From a more reputable source (ie. our university website) here is a little ditty about them:

"At Sydney, a revue is a performance put on by the University of Sydney Union, funded by student contributions. It usually involves skits, short videos, singing and dancing in order to satirise current events, people and news. They are edgy, irreverent, funny, politically incorrect and push the bounds of good taste. They’re like a mixed bag of lollies – which, as any kid worth their cavities knows, can’t be all chocolate freckles and strawberry creams. At some stage during revue season you will encounter the deformed jellybaby-manchild that the shopkeeper scraped off the floor.

And the comedy isn’t restricted to the stage. Actors from other faculty revues attend most shows to heckle from the audience. Sometimes they are downright rude, and other times, incisive and very funny. It all combines to make a lively and vibrant kind of performance which you’ll probably never see outside a university."

Kicked off with Law Revue last night - the band was awesome, some of the skits were so so and the second half was much better than the first half.

More Revues to come are:

R*A*S*H -Med Revue 22nd - 25th August 2007
A Bohemian Odyssey - Architecture Revue 30th August - 1st September 2007

If you have any more websites, please post them up and I'll add them.

Did you see a revue? Tell us about it here!! :)

HSC
Yeah I heard the Law Revue one was good. Far too late for me to be out at uni though. :(

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Back in 05 someone heckled the med revue then got the shit belted out of him by a cast member.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
It should probably say:
"At Sydney, we're the only University to be so Archaic to enforce that Revues are only performed by students in said Faculty. Unlike UNSW..."
But that's not enforced at all...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
So Economics and Business is the only major faculty without a revue? Why's that?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Triangulum said:
So Economics and Business is the only major faculty without a revue? Why's that?
Because the faculty is comprised of approx 80% International Students - which means, in essence, we are low on wit and charm, the two factors which are quite essential to a Revue.

Furthermore, the largest proportion of people in the faculty are accountants. A hilarious revue that would be I'm sure, making calculator jokes.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Because the faculty is comprised of approx 80% International Students - which means, in essence, we are low on wit and charm, the two factors which are quite essential to a Revue.

Furthermore, the largest proportion of people in the faculty are accountants. A hilarious revue that would be I'm sure, making calculator jokes.
have you heard the one about the accountant who categorised Revenue Received in Advance as an Asset?! hahahhahaa.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
stazi said:
have you heard the one about the accountant who categorised Revenue Received in Advance as an Asset?! hahahhahaa.
Seeeeeeee?!!! :alarmed:

Going to see Med Revue tommorow night. Should be awesomeness.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol we just pwned stereotypes and ended slavery.

now, have you all heard the joke about the accountant who accidentally classified a ticket stub for a Revue as Revenue, because he didn't have his glasses on. Then the company's profits were overstated by $25.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
Why do women have a revue?
misogynistic oppressor found

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
scarybunny said:
Why do women have a revue?
Because apparently we're oppressed so our lesbian sisters need to stand up and pretend to be funny while making misogynistic jokes to make themselves feel better.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ah ok. So having our own revue makes us unoppressed? I feel so liberated, I'm not going to pluck my eyebrows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)