Road Rage: What would you do? (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Situation: you're driving home in your lovely new car with your beautiful girlfriend beside you, after a nice dinner with the parents.

You go around a roundabout, seeing a car who'd pulled up to the other side of the roundabout. Knowing you'll do the 90 degree turn well within your right of way, you go round the corner.

About 10 seconds later, you look in your rear vision mirror to find him, right on your tail, so close you worry that even tapping the break to scare him might result in an accident. Slowing down (partially out of aggression, partially out of simple conservativeness under the emerging situation) to 45 (in a 50 zone), he puts his high beams on for 2 or 3 seconds (he's so close it shines into the back of the hatchback, rather than the mirrors, and thus doesn't make much of a difference). He then overtakes on your left, in the bike lane.

So, you keep driving as he speeds off, around the corner, over the hill. As you come over the hill, you see he's pulled across the road -- just like the police do when they're trying to stop criminals: he's even partially over the double lines in the middle of the road. You come to a stop, he opens his door, gets out of his commodore and starts to walk toward you. Man, late 20's, 180cm-ish (if you can judge well at a ~15m distance), middle-eastern appearance (excuse the stereotype, but that was reality), shaved black hair, blue jeans, blue jumper. Walking toward you.

:eek:

... what would you do?

I put it into reverse and went back at most a metre, he stopped and stared at us for about 6 seconds, and got back into his car, before speeding off (going OVER the next roundabout, rather than around). Then called the police and gave his number plate (naturally, with no expectations of anything coming of it)...

Very scary in hindsight on a few thoughts, but just curious to what you guys & girls think.

Last edited:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
theres no way i'd let a fucking prick like that get near me. if you had a shit car should've tried to run him over, the less scum like that living among us the better

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
:eek: :eek:

seriously what would i do? assuming i was alone, i don't really know. lock the doors, not make eye contact, try and drive around him, do a u-turn, anything to get out of there and probably never drive alone at night again. not alone, i would lock the dorrs and ask whoever was with me what to do.

ediisjoz

HSC
i would poo my pants.. seriously.. haha

from a girls point of view. i'd reverse, and bloody get out of there as bloody fast as possible. what a bloody lunatic!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If I was driving in my area I would get out and ask him what the fuck he is doing and abuse him about his brights because I hate people who do that. If I was somewhere else in Sydney I would do the same thing but from inside my car ready to drive away if he tried to attack me or something.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hahaha boink, "but im the juggernaut bitch"

youve made my day man. first exam tommorow.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
lol
best quote from the movie ever mate

first exam 2mr? mate lucky well sorta so long to study

and back to you steve
thats scary
people should take it easy some take it one step too far

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
omg waht a psycho!!

yeah i agree from a girls perspective, i'de reverse or try to go around him lol

This reminds me of the time when i was the driving the girls home and there was this guy on the street, just standing there looking at a patch of grass on the corner... i think he was mentally schitzo or something coz he was just very still..... my friends and i thought nothing of it but having dropped off one of my friends after ten minutes he was in the same position, head bent, just standing there near the corner..with his back away from us

We sort of slowed down and stopped (we had our windows wide open) and went kinda close to him, to see whether he was okay... and then all of sudden he turns and starts walking really fast, like REALLY FAST towards our car!!.. he was about 15 meters away at the start and when he started walking he got really close to our car.. about 2meters away!

my friend put the windows up and we just screamed our heads off, it was soo friggen scary!and i drove off! scared as shit! he looked like he was about to attack us!

Coz imagine a guy who's just very very still, looks like a statue, stays like that for ages... and then all of a sudden u go near him, he turns around all of a sudden and starts walking really fast to your car!

Edit this was 3AM in the morning!! what sort of person stands around looking at grass at 3 in the morning!!

omg i have shivers!

Oh gosh, did you guys lock the door, wind up the windows?

Last edited:

lmnopq

HSC
If i were a guy i would definately confront him.

Since i'm a girl, it would depend on his scarey factor... if he looks like a murderer or rapist i think i'd speed away. If he just looked like a revhead dickhead i'd definately tell him off.

I've been in similar situations where guys have followed me, not because they were angry but because they were trying to pick me up. Like this one guy who tried to get me to pull over and go to a park with him and another guy who was trying to get my attention when i was driving and when i didn't respond they threw a bottle or something at my car

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
lol
best quote from the movie ever mate

first exam 2mr? mate lucky well sorta so long to study
have you seen the youtube cartoon with voiceovers?

im so unprepped. i have no idea what im doing at uni. my gpa will be below 2 after this semester.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
lmnopq said:
If i were a guy i would definately confront him.
You have bigger (stupider?) balls than me. I'd just try to ignore it as much as I could. Best way to deal with a situation is to try to avoid it. ;)

Steve, thats shocking buddy, especially after a nice night. I think you handled it well...Some people are just fucked, what can you do? :eek:

HSC
N/A
I'd have been really scared, and got out of there as fast as I could :S

Good on you for reporting him though, even if nothing comes of it at least he's been reported :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would most likely just pass the fucker, its a bit rich to stop and get into a confrontation and expect it to end nice. Having said that, if you WERE carrying a bat or a machette, then GAME ON!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i love the huge differences in responses/tones of the posts from the males and females

yeah you definitely did well skittled, i can't believe you even remembered to get the number plate

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, not really much difference, most people would've fucked off, regardless of gender

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
hmm, that is freaky - especially at night! i would have probably drove into a petrol station or something, if it were nearby. But then i would also drive as fast as i can to get away from him. Clairegirl's one is freaky too

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)