Road Rage: What would you do? (1 Viewer)

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
all depends, like what others have said, maybe the guy was nuts and had a gun or some crap like that, so it would be best to avoid the dickhead.
but if you had a 4wd or something, drive along the footpath or something :D

those people should be put into a register somewhere, so we know who the real crazy drivers are !!

kinda reminds me of when i was driving home from parra at bout 1am a month ago, there was this all out brawl on the street between people of middle eastern appearence, and i mean brawls between groups, altogether bout 40 ppl. And it was literally in front of the car. I mean i couldnt have just run em over right?? Right? Lucky there was a slight gap, and I floored the accelerator :) to get the hell outta there.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, not really much difference, most people would've fucked off, regardless of gender
haha, as soon as i posted that i thought "hmm, someone's going to tell me there isn't much difference"
i still think there's a bit of a difference, more of a "omg i'd get away ASAP" in the girl's posts. anyway, girls are probably just more emotional. and now i will shut up and analyse my study notes rather than a forum

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
Lolol i'd like totaly freak out.. not really. Haha. Im kinda used to crazy drivers :rolleyes:. Like other nite me and my bro were going to the party i changed the lane and this random dude almost crashed into me coz he just didnt see me doing it.. he was fully beeping and shit..:eek: I just pulled over to the side of the road after the turn to let the nutcase go lol coz if i would he's end up fucking up the car which wouldn't be cool at all:mad1:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I wasn't on the double lines... and I didn't see that round about as I left - oops ><

In all seriousness, I haven't had road rage, but my mum had it done to her whilst i was in the car. A lady cut her off, then pulled up, got out of her car, and yelled at mum. Mum being mum just remainded quiet - let her rave - when she was done 'aren't you going to say something' mum - gee you are so rude

the woman almost blew her top, stormed back to her car and drove off

mum 1, woman 0

If that was me - I would just hit reverse - and keep going lol

- L1n -

HSC
Skittled said:
Situation: you're driving home in your lovely new car with your beautiful girlfriend beside you, after a nice dinner with the parents.

You go around a roundabout, seeing a car who'd pulled up to the other side of the roundabout. Knowing you'll do the 90 degree turn well within your right of way, you go round the corner.

About 10 seconds later, you look in your rear vision mirror to find him, right on your tail, so close you worry that even tapping the break to scare him might result in an accident. Slowing down (partially out of aggression, partially out of simple conservativeness under the emerging situation) to 45 (in a 50 zone), he puts his high beams on for 2 or 3 seconds (he's so close it shines into the back of the hatchback, rather than the mirrors, and thus doesn't make much of a difference). He then overtakes on your left, in the bike lane.

So, you keep driving as he speeds off, around the corner, over the hill. As you come over the hill, you see he's pulled across the road -- just like the police do when they're trying to stop criminals: he's even partially over the double lines in the middle of the road. You come to a stop, he opens his door, gets out of his commodore and starts to walk toward you. Man, late 20's, 180cm-ish (if you can judge well at a ~15m distance), middle-eastern appearance (excuse the stereotype, but that was reality), shaved black hair, blue jeans, blue jumper. Walking toward you.

:eek:

... what would you do?

I put it into reverse and went back at most a metre, he stopped and stared at us for about 6 seconds, and got back into his car, before speeding off (going OVER the next roundabout, rather than around). Then called the police and gave his number plate (naturally, with no expectations of anything coming of it)...

Very scary in hindsight on a few thoughts, but just curious to what you guys & girls think.
The dude is a nut job u should of gotten out and smacked his head in, people like that needs a bashing. Or a much better alternative put it into neutral then rev it up, see if he gets shit scared and runs away, 70 percent chance he will run like a little girl. It's called small man syndromes, people act all tuff but when confronted they will back off if u just raise ur voice abit.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
you have to consider hes got his girlfriend in the car too...so he did the right thing by getting the fuck out of there. He also did not have a baseball bat/golf club/etc. so it wouldnt be so easy to just go up to the guy.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
skittled must be a lover, not a fighter! haha

i wouldve freaked out, i dont think it matters what gender u are, all depends on the type of person you are. if u are a nut job like him you would probably want a fight and confront him, but i think most sane ppl would want to get the fuck out of there

if it means anything, i think you did the right thing Steve

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Supra said:
you have to consider hes got his girlfriend in the car too...
My thoughts too ;) Don't know that MJ would've appreciated having to patch me up afterwards. Everyone's got some good points. In hindsight I would have liked to be a little more aggressive -- high beams right in his eyes, or revving in neutral as suggested (the fact it's a little 1.3litre honda Jazz hardly makes it intimidating, but let's overlook that!)... but it all happens so quickly at the time and you do what you need to.

Latest developments: Dad called up the constable (soon after I posted the original message) as a concerned father (and also a 20 year resident of the suburb that he's noticed is becoming increasingly... "hoonish" in his words), and she recommended I go in and make a statement, and that then goes on his license record and they go around to his house and have a little chat with him. As he said, what right does anyone have to feel they can just go around intimidating people like that?

Anyway. The thing that really bugs me about it all is that this guy didn't know who was in the car: as - L1n - says he might've backed down, but what if I got out and I was some big mofo blackbelt boxing guy? What then? -- obviously that didn't cross his mind. Alternatively, I might have been my 88 year old grandmother driving home in her lovely new car, who got freaked out by some hoon behind him. He still got out of his car anda pproached us: say he reached the car, and looked in to see old Mrs Cohen sitting there, scared? What then? OR, maybe we were a couple with two kids in the back? What happens when he approaches the car and righteously challenges me to a duel? What subsequently happens to the mother -- or the kids?

It all could've been that much worse, and THAT is what bothers me: complete asshole, looking for a fight (or giving out those messages, at least), irrespective of who it is, or the consequences. Didn't care about any witnesses or oncoming traffic or anything: he's just the centre of the world with the right to impose his will upon anyone who gets in his way, men, women, children, families, old ladies, you name it. Doesn't matter. Makes me so mad.

Gotta practice my statement-writing skills, I think. Dickhead.

:burn:

(Edit: in re-reading this, the arrogance this guy showed seems to be an increasingly common approach in today's political world; even being perpetrated by "civilised" cultures. Maybe it's no wonder that people act like this -- leaders of countries do it too, and the're (often) ELECTED by CHOICE of the people. Fuckwits.)

(Edit: That burn smiley is awesome.)

Last edited:

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
fornstar said:
if it means anything, i think you did the right thing Steve
Thanks dude -- and to everyone who has also said this (Supra, iambored, clairegirl, redruM...).

HSC
N/A
Whoo for Honda Jazz - I'm getting one of those in a few years! :D

And hurrah if you make a statement and the police go over to his house. He'll be quivering in his boots. It'll be great :D

Wouldn't it be so lovely if he's committed driving offences before and this is the one that tip the balance over the edge and they suspend his driver's license...?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Whoo for Honda Jazz - I'm getting one of those in a few years! :D

And hurrah if you make a statement and the police go over to his house. He'll be quivering in his boots. It'll be great :D

Wouldn't it be so lovely if he's committed driving offences before and this is the one that tip the balance over the edge and they suspend his driver's license...?
or even better, he's some sort of bad bad criminal (child molester/terrorist/st claire rapist/etc) and steve's tip off leads to his arrest :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
My thoughts too ;) Don't know that MJ would've appreciated having to patch me up afterwards. Everyone's got some good points. In hindsight I would have liked to be a little more aggressive -- high beams right in his eyes, or revving in neutral as suggested (the fact it's a little 1.3litre honda Jazz hardly makes it intimidating, but let's overlook that!)... but it all happens so quickly at the time and you do what you need to.

Latest developments: Dad called up the constable (soon after I posted the original message) as a concerned father (and also a 20 year resident of the suburb that he's noticed is becoming increasingly... "hoonish" in his words), and she recommended I go in and make a statement, and that then goes on his license record and they go around to his house and have a little chat with him. As he said, what right does anyone have to feel they can just go around intimidating people like that?

Anyway. The thing that really bugs me about it all is that this guy didn't know who was in the car: as - L1n - says he might've backed down, but what if I got out and I was some big mofo blackbelt boxing guy? What then? -- obviously that didn't cross his mind. Alternatively, I might have been my 88 year old grandmother driving home in her lovely new car, who got freaked out by some hoon behind him. He still got out of his car anda pproached us: say he reached the car, and looked in to see old Mrs Cohen sitting there, scared? What then? OR, maybe we were a couple with two kids in the back? What happens when he approaches the car and righteously challenges me to a duel? What subsequently happens to the mother -- or the kids?

It all could've been that much worse, and THAT is what bothers me: complete asshole, looking for a fight (or giving out those messages, at least), irrespective of who it is, or the consequences. Didn't care about any witnesses or oncoming traffic or anything: he's just the centre of the world with the right to impose his will upon anyone who gets in his way, men, women, children, families, old ladies, you name it. Doesn't matter. Makes me so mad.

(Edit: in re-reading this, the arrogance this guy showed seems to be an increasingly common approach in today's political world; even being perpetrated by "civilised" cultures. Maybe it's no wonder that people act like this -- leaders of countries do it too, and the're (often) ELECTED by CHOICE of the people. Fuckwits.)

hey steve,

u know what... by you backing up about a meter or so when he approached the car, it could have actually sent off a signal that your not gunna take his shit. He probably realised what a dickhead he was being and decided to leave it and go???

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
good job steve

when u write ur statement
say he waved a gun around at you
yes its a lie

but stupid ppl in this world
i dont have time for

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"He mentally raped me with his E-PENIS!! :("

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
good job steve

when u write ur statement
say he waved a gun around at you
yes its a lie

but stupid ppl in this world
i dont have time for
??? and then what?? it's a lie, that destroys the credability of his whole statement.

edit: damn, was that a joke? gah, i hate that there is no tone of voice or facial expressions on the net. although some of the serious remarks i have come across (not in the mac section) have been fairly distasteful.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
hey steve,

u know what... by you backing up about a meter or so when he approached the car, it could have actually sent off a signal that your not gunna take his shit. He probably realised what a dickhead he was being and decided to leave it and go???
Or he thought that he had intimidated the people and made his point. It would also have allowed him to realise how sick he was, and had a fitting end to his story to the boyz. "OH MA GOWD BRO....YOUSE SHOUDA SEEN IT". Such people don't see themselves as being dickheads...

IAB, I am sure boink was just making a joking remark.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if it was a friday or saturday night i would have definitely thought he was on either drugs/alcohol. they act like dickheads when their friends are there to impress them but on their own they are often very decent guys. he didn't have anyone to impress but he went to such great lengths to be a dickhead.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Welcome to the world of dipshits and fucktards :)

HSC
For certain you did the right thing!

My boyfriend and I were driving along a relatively quiet two lane road on a wet night......

A car comes out from a side street right into our lane, so I brake and swerve into the next lane to miss him..

Keep going and the guy swerves into our lane again....anyway long story short he did this three times which defiantly seemed on purpose!!!

We get to an intersection and my boyfriend winds down the window and asks him what the go is..... the passenger gets out of the car with a metal steering wheel lock and starts running at as :ninja: !!

I was so scared I started screaming and drove as quick as I possibly could.....It was horrible!

Went to the police station- the lady is like ... oh well the best thing to do is avoid these situations....or call highway patrol to let them know this happened- and if a car is a round they will send one over to talk to him:confused:

It was horrible, awful and scary and it’s a great thing you didn’t get out of the car- cause then this may have been you!

Makes me so angry:burn: :(

- L1n -

HSC
Skittled said:

U got a good pt, regarding if he was a blackbelt, but most Black Belts are disciplined and they don't go around screwing with people like that, it's all part of their discipline training. But yeh u probably did the right thing since ur girl was there, but if she wasn't i bet u would of unleased the dragon. Who needs baseball bats start kicking, Fatnaldo style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)